Newbie's First Grow :( I'm gonna have seeds :(

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by stangchic420, Mar 2, 2013.

1. So this is my first serious grow, and i'm really disappointed because I was gone on a trip during the first 1-2 weeks of flowering and I guess 2 of the clones I had were males.

I should have noticed the little balls on the male plants but since it's my first grow, and I thought all these were female clones, i didn't pay much attention.

I have 2 King Louie OG, a Blue dream, OG Super Skunk, Pineapple Express, and Chem Dawg.

The males were what i thought was the pineapple express. Well.. long story short i got home and noticed the different looking males and removed them as carefully as i could. When i took a closer look, some of the pods had opened, but i could only find like 4-5 open pods on the entire plants, the rest were still closed.

MY QUESTION:

Is my whole harvest going to be seeded? Or will just the bottom of the buds be seeded, and the buds that haven't developed yet, will not be seeded? Or how does that work?

Pics to follow of my set up.

Veg'd with a 400 W MH

flowering with 600 W HPS

house & garden nutes

I got this shooting powder stuff...not sure if i wanna use it or not for this round...

Just wanted to share my story, hopefully the next harvest won't have seeds!!!

Attached Files:

• GR1.jpg
      GR1.jpg
      File size:
      258 KB
      Views:
    • GR2.JPG
      GR2.JPG
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
    • GR3.JPG
      GR3.JPG
      File size:
      97.7 KB
      Views:
    • GR4.JPG
      GR4.JPG
      File size:
      354.4 KB
      Views:
    • GR5.JPG
      GR5.JPG
      File size:
      122.2 KB
      Views:
    • GR6.JPG
      GR6.JPG
      File size:
      119.1 KB
      Views:
    • GR7.JPG
      GR7.JPG
      File size:
      129.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Is my whole harvest going to be seeded? Or will just the bottom of the buds be seeded, and the buds that haven't developed yet, will not be seeded? Or how does that work?

3. One male pod can seed a lot of plants. Chances are your entire crop is seeded. Sorry about your luck.

4. Flow and drain system, please take a picture of your pots empty or full so I and purchase 4 for my system. I could modify the wrong ones that I brought by creating more opening for root system but small enough to contain hydro rocks.

5. Sorry for off topic question. Sounds like you might have produce some interesting seed genetic! As far as your crop harvest I'd concerned you will have to just wait and see. You definitely affected you yield.

6. I don't have pots? They're just 6x6 rockwool with caps on them

7. I see, I'm doing flood and drain just looking for the secure way to keep them from tipping over.
    Also I see you're flowering at this point. How tall are they. Gotta be a limit to height with just Rockwool cube holding them squarely on flood table.
    I'm Going to keep an eye on this grow, because I'm about maybe 2 months behind your current grow.

8. My entire harvest is seeded :(

Well, it was a learning experience, onto the next!

I'll post up some pics soon, the plants are doing everything they can to stay alive, and keep producing the seeds, it seems that it takes out out of the plant to produce seeds. I did lose one because it tipped over and died (they have a fan directly on them most of the time)

Pics to follow soon :)

9. now that youve pollenated your females, grow them out and get THOUSANDS of healthy seeds ESPECIALLY if this is a valuable seeding plant!

females increase the size of their buds in an atempt ot get pollinated. Once they get pollinated, they no longer put energy into making "lady parts" but rather put the energy into making strong healthy seeds that can make it through the winter and start a new life the following year.

Taking out the seeds will take a while and will be easiest when you REALLY dry out the bud but youll have THOUSANDS of ready to go plants of the strain you already know how to grow and youll be left with tons of low to mid grade bud,and seed casings so be ware the headaches ;)

10. yup that's my plan :) two of the plants are already dying and drying out. Do i need to 'cure' seeds at all?

11. I'm sorry that your first grow didn't go as planed. Thank you though for posting your experience. It gives me a better idea on how to grow later on. :)

12. no but new healthy seeds are really strong. Move on to another strain for now