Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by derrydee123, Jan 16, 2021.

1. hi everyone glad to be here, im a total newbie at growing. i just want a small fairly cheap basic setup enough for 1 maybe 2 small plants. i need it to be as odorless as possible and fairly cheap to run. ive been looking at the q30 grow tent 30x30x60cm or another at 40x40x80cm. thanks in advance for any help

2. Hi there , odorless have to be with Activated Carbon Filter. That could be the most expensive part or with the light.
    Wich is your aprox budget?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

3. for what your putting out here i would go with the 3x3 youll need
    • inline fan w/ carbon filter
    • 6in osculating fan
    • at least a 350 watts light for 3x3 ( actual watts most amazon lights are equivalent or replace but list the actual wattage or power draw in fine print)
    • dehumidifier
    • starter pots / finishing pots
    • ph and ppm meter pens
    • veg/ bloom nutrients / cal/mag
    • plug in timers for lights
    • ph up / ph down
    i am probably forgetting something i havent even had a coffee yet theres other things you can buy to aid in your grow but this is the basics that will get you from seed to flower to harvest

2 plants

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also measuring tools, small milliliters cups or anything that is comfortable, water preparing and watering can be very annoying if you don't have the tools to make it easy.
    I agree with this list, if it is your first grow, i will recommend to find any brand that give you the nutrients pack, and fit in your budget, start with soil, i think you will not need a ppm meter since you will be most likely using soil in your first many grows. Using only one brand of nutrients should not get you any problem with ppm, the more tools you get when you start, more you'll have to study to use them properly
    PH+ and PH- get one small bottle of each, the one you finish the first is the one you're using the most, then buy a big one of that. The other one whichever it is, you will barely use it, unless you put way to much.
    If you will be using any kind of filter for the water, then you will definitely need to check about ppm.
    If you will not be using a water filter, then you need to check for the average amount of chlorine and/or similar in your water supply.
    For example if I live in City A I will look for the water treatment that they use in City A to the tap water.
    To be more specific give us your temp and humidity average during seasons.
    You might need humidifier, or Dehumidifier or both.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

5. thanks for the replies