Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trippysmoker14, Oct 10, 2014.

1. So I found some seeds and threw them in a cup of water like 5 of them, 3 sprouted so after 3 days I grabbed 3, 1 gallon pots and planted the seeds in clean new soil don't know much about it but I planted it.
    I'm got really interested so I made a grow box (4x2x2).
    Here's the pics and these are the plants 3 days old after planting seedlings.
    Any tips I'm running 2 60w work lights until I get something better just getting really interested. Idk what the seeds are and I saw a couple ants unfortunately so I put a little bit of cinnamon powder around on the soil they aren't bothering anymore. I also have an extractor to suck out old circulating air.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Get at least 150 - 200 actual watts of CFLs and place them much lower, a few inches from the plants.

• Like Like x 2
  3. wicked cool setup! :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Looks like a good setup man. Watch that heat. Also I would suggest keeping your CFLs about 2-4 inches from the top of the plants. Diy CFL's ballasts are easily made by linking Y sockets together! Good luck mate!

Tuckerjonesisreal

• Like Like x 3
  5. How hot should it be above the plants

6. 85ish as a max depending on RH ect. Ditch those drop lights asap they look like incandecents? go to wal-mart or something and get a 10 pack of 23 watt CFLs and right up some DIY lights and get em close.
    They gonna stretch like a mofo and they will do it soon if you dont change your lights asap.
    Or get a real HID that works too :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. OK I can get led lights in a strip each whole strip comes with 12 feet of little LEDs right next to each other and has 60w transformer I can put many of these the lights are very bright. Would this work?

8. #8 guygreenthumbs, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    Are the leds made for growing? Just a random led strip wont help. Leds need tuned to the proper light spectrums. Also the leds need to be very high end pushing 3 or 5 watts a piece. Get a some high wattage cfls (100+ watts) in a blue or daylight spectrum. The leds I bough were almost $400 for a 300 watt set up. Thats alot of money but leds are still a new item on the market requiring the best the industry has to offer to even come close to a proper grow light strength. Also your lights need to be very close to the plants or your seedlings will continue to stretch and cause a frail weak stem which most likely will bend or brake once the plant adds new growth. My .02 cents

• Like Like x 1
  9. No more then 85 degrees Fahrenheit

10. Huey's guys quick update.
    Came to Home Depot and bought a "grow light" along with an oscillating fan. Also a buddy of mines gave me some kind of air purifier that they use when they make brownies to immediately remove all odors.
    This is day 5 after my seedlings were planted.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980526.912697.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980573.384414.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980594.648621.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980624.636329.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980640.481446.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980654.232528.jpg

I will use my electric extractor fan and run it to the air purifier. Also here are a couple supply's I purchased. If anyone can give me a heads up or some tips to help me along the way that would be greatly appreciated.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980817.295974.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980833.770554.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980845.336683.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412980856.314656.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

11. Get rid of the miracle grow plant food asap.!!!! Please

• Like Like x 3
  12. What kind of grow light is that? T-8 or t-12? How many watts on it? Ur light needs to be closer. Ur seedlings are already stretched and will continue unless u out a stop to it by bringing the lights down super close. Put ur hand right over the seedling and bring the light down until u start to feel it burn ur hand and that's how u know ur too close. Back it off where it's comfortable for u hand but still can feel a lill and that's how u know ur perfect on distance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lights need to be closer. Ditch the mircle grow nutes...... Still dont know what kind of lights your runnin. Anyways.... Good Luck. :bongin:

14. The light is a Home Depot grow light. Here's the bulb info there's two of them on the light fixture.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412996890.300449.jpg

I think I got water happy didn't do anything bad but I'm slowing down water to once a day if necessary

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. At this stage you should be watering only when the soil is very dry and the pot is very light. If your soil is soaked your plant will get root rot and die or develope mold. More then once a day is wayyyy two much. Once every 2-3 days and do it lightly. Overwatering kills the more seedlings for new growers. Along with too much nutes. No nutes till at least 1-2 months in. STOP WATERING. let it dry out completely before you add more. List should me abouve 6 inches away. Also make sure you have holes in the bottom or your fucked.