Newbie..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tailz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. So, I'm pretty new to this. I've helped friends in the past.. So this is my first setup. 8x2x15 1000w mh/hps it's on a light rail mover, dimible ballast . Phresh carbon filter. Smart pots. I'm using coir for substrate. I've germed, lost a couple, germed some more. Now I have three going strong with more to come.. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. nice. theyre going to grow like crazy under that source of energy. move the pots a bit closer to the light for now

3. See, I had jus moved it off of them a lil to.. I have the light dimmed down 50% and its like 4feet off of them..

4. i only suggested it becuase theyre stretching. theres not wrong with them stretching, theyre just positioning themseleves how they like to the light source

5. 7 days in and going well.

6. Nicee. Do you plan yo transplant? That one guy looks a little pale. Maybe give him some plant food?

7. Yea I plan on doing it tonight. I'm putting them in 5gallon smart pots. Yea that one that's really light is weird she was the one that took along time to germ I thought it was a dud but my girl said keep it another day or so. It ended sprouting a tap root.. But now she looks like this.. Maybe jus a weak plant. They r all on a feeding schedule already. I think she's jus off.. No worries though.. I'm setting up a tent next week. Going to do 10 auto flowers. 5 dinafem white widow, 5 g13 Pineapple Express..

8. how do you feed?

9. Well since I'm in coco.. I'm basically running a drain to waste.. So I'm using general hydroponics synthetic nutrient flora duo it's a 2 part. Right now I'm adding a teaspoon of each per gallon every watering. Which is basically every 48 hours now intill I repot. I've been taken advice from a fellow blade and doing my research, and I've had fantastic results so far..

10. In coco I guess once root system is established over feeding is basically impossible.. So I saturate evenly till there's run off then jus let them dry out. Which is taking about 48 hours. Once I repot I'm hoping I only have to feed 2 a week.

11. So I topped 3 of them on the 26th here are some close ups of new growth

image-938460016.jpg

image-1062597132.jpg

And these 2 haven't been topped yet I'm letting them grow up a node higher then other 3 being that they where smaller then the others..

image-976221229.jpg

image-163091645.jpg

12. oh so if i use coconut fiber i have to supply them nutes throughout their life?

your plants look amazing, even the lighter one.

13. Yea once the roots reach the sides off the pots..

14. Thank u very much.. I have another journal with a lot of info in it should check it out

15. It's u der indoor grow journals... Labeled ice bomb.. All the info formation I used is I their posted by SCMC.. You will see them if u read my thread.. There is a lot of Great information in there!

16. Day 31

Transplanted

image-2325775071.jpg

image-1622828419.jpg

image-3598986073.jpg

17. incredible. thats dirt or coco?

18. Thank u.. It's coco.

19. so why do you have to feed it so much?