Newbie when it comes to Hydroponics..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Medicinal MJ, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hello stoners of GC, I need some help. I will give a list of questions, so will you please be kind enought to answer in your own opinion? Thanks :) here we go:

1. What is the best Hydroponics system? (YOUR opinion)
    2. What are the best nutes to use?
    3. What are the best lights to have?
    4. Is a grow tent a good investment? (I live in an apartment)
    5. What are the clay balls I should get?
    6. What type of water do I use? (tap, distilled, etc.)

thank you in advance!

2. Almost all of those questions could be answered by simply reading the forum you're posting in. As a fellow newb I encourage you to use your own initiative with some of this. I well be quite upset :mad: if pros stop posting because people get lazy and won't read or use the search bar. With that said, I am using waterfarms with a 600w hps/mh cooltube, 4x4x7 tent, distilled water, hydroton, and am undecided on nutes.

3. I have to agree, I guess I should have looked first. It'd be alot easier if I had an actual computer instead of having to use the web browser on my POS rumor touch, lol. Thanks for your info tho!

4. #4 automan142, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    [quote name='"Medicinal MJ"']Hello stoners of GC, I need some help. I will give a list of questions, so will you please be kind enought to answer in your own opinion? Thanks :) here we go:

1. What is the best Hydroponics system? (YOUR opinion)
    2. What are the best nutes to use?
    3. What are the best lights to have?
    4. Is a grow tent a good investment? (I live in an apartment)
    5. What are the clay balls I should get?
    6. What type of water do I use? (tap, distilled, etc.)

thank you in advance![/quote]

For newbies google dwc bubbler, best way to start off with hydro

My personal favorite is vitalink nutrients

Hid lights are best by far mh for veg - hps for flower (u may need to look into air cooled lights)

Yes a tent is a confined area much easier to control the grow enviroment in. ( ur gunna need a filter an fan too if ur in an appt)

Hydroton clay pellets, theyre ph neutral so Dont affect your water in the resevior

All water should b stood for 24 hours and ph checked (ppm too when you begin nutes)

Thats sum quick answers to your questions but honestly mate, google is your friend, you will learn so much from just reading and reading and when your done read some more. Its easy when you get going bro, iv been using bubblers now myself and they do run sum impressive results :)

5. 1. Only used DWC before so no opinion on that yet.
    2. For me I think Advanced Nutrients is.
    3. Hard one to answer as most buy 1 light and it lasts for years. I have migrated to LED myself.
    4. Yes because its self contained, has places for you to hang stuff and keeps things clean....you can build your own box as well. It also traps odor in that area. Do not underestimate how strong one plant can smell.
    5. Buy any
    6. Can use tap water.

6. thank you guys alot! Someome tell me how to +rep please? :)

7. A lot of the pros i know do ebb and flow in coco...i like rdwc personally

8. If you come over to the Hydroponics section in the Marijuana Cultivation section of GC you'll find a lot of folks ready to answer as well...

I'm in the middle of my 1st hydroponics grow (grow journal in sig) and did a lot of reading around here and the web before buying my setup. SO to answer your questions in my particular case:

1. RDWC
    2. Advanced Nutrients - Starter Kit, in your case...look into the Hobbyist Bundle with the pH Perfect solution
    3. I am using LED's on this particular grow. Mine are Lighthouse Hydro High Output (HO) 90w UFO LED's. 6-band spectrum.
    4. Absolutely...that is my next investment.
    5. Hydroton
    6. Use at the least....distilled....reverse osmosis (RO) is the most acceptable and stable.

9. first of all i think you should give us an idea of how experienced you are with the art of growing herb,

secondly could you describe the area in which you want to set this grow up in like temps, humidity,can you cut holes for vents, can you install a/c,

and how long would it take you to refresh the air in the area you might want to put the tent in....

PS R/O for hydro(i get mine from my grocery store they have a big machine and its only 33 cents a gallon and i use 10 gallons a week)....you'll never look back....stress and agony are priceless

10. did a couple runs with dwc, very cool stuff, very fast growth compared to soil

trying recirc. hempy buckets with perlite (for more feeder roots instead of tap roots) this time