Newbie whats wrong with my little clone? PIC inside.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WeedNotDrugs, Dec 11, 2013.

1. #1 WeedNotDrugs, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    So basically picked up this clone from a delivery when I first got it, it seemed pretty unhealthy but has managed to rapidly grow, but now I'm seeing some curling, basically what the picture shows you is what I see.
    I PH'd the runoff at about 6.5-7 with a test kit, did it 3 times for accuracy. was tested earlier in the noon pst time on 12/10

Strain: G13 Labs Pineapple Express
    Seed or Clone? Clone
    Ph? 6.5-7
    Nutes? None ATM
    Water? Tap Water
    Lighting? 220w CFLs
    Medium? 1/2 FFOF 1/2 FFHF
    Temps? 75F for the most part, when central heater is on it peaks at around 81, but I manage to drop it to 78 fairly quickly.
    Humidity? 40-50%

Anything else you need I will be able to provide, any help or suggestions are very well appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Attached Files:

2. #2 growkings, Dec 11, 2013
    Ph? 6.5-7 = what was the ph of the water going into the plant (always test the water going into and coming out)

Water? Tap Water = whats the ph of your tap water

Lighting? 220w CFLs = is this actual CFL watts or 220w Equivalent

I can tell you this Right off the bat get that plant transplanted its most likely ROOT BOUND!!!!!!!

3. First off. Your PH. If its in or out it is too high. 6.3 is what you need to be putting in. You should never use water that measures 7.0.
    That's first. Second. Transplant her into bigger pot. I would go for a 5 gallon pot.
    Also, do you let your water sit for 24 hours before you water? You need to.

4. #4 WeedNotDrugs, Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks but alright I would say the ph is a definite estimate using the color thingie but I have another tiny clone which already came in horrible shape using the same soil and watered one with distilled and came out with some acidic run off, watered with tap and got a better run off on this one. And I let the soil dry out before watering the last watering before yesterday was about 70+ hrs. So transplanting asap is important. I may go ahead and use bottled water as well, when I was testing run off I was getting a nice 6.0-6.5 reading, but I was scared that it would still cause the FF to still be super acidic.

The PH going in was around 7-7.5 going in which was indeed the tap and its 220 actual watts for a t5 HO set up, should I transplant asap? The guy from the delivery told me to put them in starter pots for a week, but I guess I shouldn't be listening to em.

6. ya i would that plant is way to big for that solo cup 

7. #7 WeedNotDrugs, Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks dude, help is really appreciated. It's my first grow and I'm just feeling no confidence atm. I'll keep you guys posted on progress. within the next 2-3 days.

One more thing from now on would it be wise when grabbing clones from sources to just plant them strait to a 3gal or 5gal always? I want to avoid this mistake again at all costs.

8. ya i would especially if there that big :) happy growing  :bongin:

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386833718.351321.jpg Roots before transplanting x.x into 5gal watered with filtered water which was phed at 6.5-7 with run off of 6.0 -6.5 on the 5gals. Keep y'all posted

I would not go that far but its right there with ready to move on to its final home. I get some that are way too big for a cup and thats not it. :D

11. ya but come on you would let her stay in a solo cup for that long why its as easy as changing a pot not that hard you can get pots for $0.50c and nice ones for a $1 why not splurge and get one lol

I transplanted 14 out of solo cups yesterday and the roots had 3 laps around the bottom, a fucking birds nest. LOL

you said his was root bound and it was not even close, he is lucky there was just enough to hold the soil for a shock free transplant. (maybe)

13. So if it was not rootbound what exactly is the problem? I dialed the ph to 6.0-6.5 guess all there is to do at this point is wait.

14. #14 snoopdog6502, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013

Nothing was wrong, some us grow many hundreds of clones and never check the PH, Iv checked the ph of my stuff 3 times in 30 years.

The fact is there is nothing wrong with your plant, give it light, clean water and let it grow. You are trying to love it too death.

new growers over react and try to fix non existent problems all the time.

15. Very true Snoopdog a lot of people over think to

I get my best results from ignoring my plants other than water, stop and look a week later and I'm like.." Holy shit, you guys are looking good" :)

17. Transplant up in graduated increments.. Don't jump to a 5 gal this early.. Small plants in to large a pot leads to overwatering as the plant stays waterlogged drowning the roots.. I deliberately let the plant get a bit root bound so when I transplant it is stress free as no soil is disturbed.. usually an inch of new soil on all sides is a good jump when this small.. that solo is equal to a 3x3 cup so jump to a 5x5x5 or 6x6x6.. Square pots promote roots changing direction rather then circling the pot like round ones tend to.. From the 5x5 I go to 8x8-10x10-12x12 or a 5 gal SIP or in ground and flip to flower at that transplant..
    That inch of fresh soil never fails to put a boost in the growth

Just what I've found works best for me.. Happy Growing

BNW

18. #18 WeedNotDrugs, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    Awesome I really appreciate your guys' help and I will take that advice! Just let em grow appreciate everything all if you're still interested I'll be still posting progress here thanks again everyone!

@[member="BrassNwood"], Thanks for the advice dude I'll read more into it :)

19. Snoop hit that one right on the head.  PH  if PH is even close to what it should be then it's not gonna be an issue.  I think it is better to be high than low though.  By the look of the roots, I would lean more toward saying that the only thing causing the plant to look bad is that it's still concentrating on building a root base and pulling nutrient from the leaves to feed itself.   

Same way that seedlings don't really grow much when they first sprout.

20. Awesome, I feel like everyone just talks about PH and problems and all that stuff so when you're reading as a first timer its like you want everything to be perfect, but I'm taking snoopdogs advice and kicking back and letting it do its thing.

On a brighter note, my first Merlot OG seed just cracked the surface :D