Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie wanting to smoke again

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rudolph, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hey everyone. I've been reading through some of the popular threads on this site recently, and I've decided to register. These forums seem pretty bad ass with a lot of people who know what they're talking about.

We'll, I'm getting out of the military next year, and I honestly can't stop thinking about smoking cannabis. I don't know if that's wrong of me lol. I haven't done it in over five years, and this site really made me nostalgic. I realized I'd be completely happy if all I ever did with my life was grow out a big bushy beard and smoke bud everyday.

It has been a while though, and times have changed.

What do I need to buy when I'm finally back home? I've heard good things about vaporizers and how they make bud last even longer. What's worth buying? Money really isn't an issue. I'm really a crazy frugal spender, and saved a lot during my time.

Any help would be appreciated : ).

2. Depends on what your going for. I aint too much of an expert but Vapes are kind of a different high which I think is not as cool. They do conserve weed though. A nice bong is always good. Just search and research. Not to much has changed in 5 years.

3. buy all your shit on this site

4. I say not order off the site and go to a headshop as you don't have to pay for shipping and what not plus you will have locally blown glass on occasion. You could go in there check out their bongs, bubblers, pipes, etc. see what you like best. Vaporizers are bad ass and they are damn good for your health.

5. Agreed, Sooner. I buy locally, and I only use handblown glass. I just believe in supporting the artists, you know.

I personally recommend that you get several pieces. One small pipe that you can stash in your suitcase when you go on trips, a good bong for the house, and of course if money isn't an issue, then a vaporizer. Don't get one of those cheap ass vapes made out of a soldering iron and a glass orb. Order a Volcano.

And as a rule, try to avoid any pieces that have metal bowls. Those are pretty unhealthy.

6. It sounds like you have done quite well for yourself, being in the military and all. Why would you want to go from that to 'growing a beard and smoking weed all day.'
    Don't get me wrong i love weed but there's more to life than smoking.

7. There's more to life than working ;)
    Depending on his MOS he can probably get a respectable career and still be a stoner~

8. #8 OCDinFL, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    Aww what the hell, here's my input. Different people prefer different methods. I prefer to smoke joints, but my wife prefers bongs. Smoking from a bowl is only an option if we are going on a trip. I like many others on this site buy locally blown glass. It's one of the ways I help support the local economy. :rolleyes: Of course we do own a couple vaporizers, but use them only as a novelty when friends are over and they've never tried it. To me personally, smoking from a vape tastes and smells like smoking burnt popcorn. Thanks for your service and good luck with your next endeavor. Oh, and forget the beard. :D

Edit*(sp)

9. bongs are for people who wanna get really fucked up really fast. Thats how i like it.

10. vapes are really sweet, they conserve like no other but you do get a bit of a diffrent high from it. If I were you I would probably buy a nice bong or maybe a vape if you like the high.

11. I like my pipe. Just a simple straight pipe, I would go buy it at a local head shop and get familiar with the guys there. The guy at the head shop near us is really bad ass, blows his own glass and everything. Guy will probably hook you up if you talk to him a bit