newbie wanna growing weed with CFls and hope you guys help! *PICS*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by evndr, Jan 14, 2009.

1. #1 evndr, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
    hey guys! this is my first time growin weed,
    i got my seeds from my friend, he just gave it to me,he gave me 2 seeds :rolleyes:
    and finally i germinated the seeds, and wow it sprouted! :hello:

idk what strain it is, my friend didnt tell me,
    well now im using my cabinet, a mini cabinet for while, now im building the grow box.
    and im using 3x23w CFLs Daylight, and goin to buy another CFLs soon,
    and lights 18/6,
    im using soil, idk what type of soil it is, i just got it from my mom garden,

so here they are @ 5 days after sprouted :

DSC02508.JPG
    DSC02506.JPG

im sorry for my blurry images, i cant find macro setting on my sister camera,:eek:

btw the leafs is dropping and curling, is that okay ? and the other one looks yellow at the tip of the leafs, whats wrong with that ?
    it turns yellow from this morning, when i woke up and saw my plants, and it looks yellow.
    and does my plant look normal ? at 5 days after sprouted?

hope you guys help me growin !
    and many2 thanks ! :D:D
    ill keep update my journal! :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Good start, you should find out what soil your using because if its MG you might have some problems. Also make sure not to overwater them once them sprout.

3. oh okay i'll find out the soil! and how much water do i have to water them ?and how often ?
    and the yellowish think i guess its because i sprayed them, so its burnin the leafs,
    thanks!

4. Don't spray the leaves.

Water them when the topsoil looks dry (every other day or so)

-C

5. just feel the soil about 1 inch deep and see if it feels dry. if it feels dry, water them lol :) easy as that. water em till you see water coming out the bottom of the pot. So basically don't drown them, but water them till you're sure that all the soil got wet.

I'm a beginner myself, so i know its confusing at first. Its still confusing to me lol :p Its real easy to get the hang of it though. The yellow is probably cuz of the soil, but it could be from spraying. What did you spray it with? Just regular water? I did the same thing but i waited till they were a little bigger. Some people say its bad to spray em, but i haven't ran into problems yet.

But the most important thing is finding out what soil that is, and fast! Lol. If you can, find out where a hydroponics store is around your area and see if they carry Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Its like 20 bucks for a big bag

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/buyfox_consumer_map.html

go there, click on ur state and it will tell you where the stores are that sell FFOF are in ur area. If you get the FFOF, then you could also pick up a bag of perlite (those white pellet things you see in soil) and mix with the soil. Most people do 25% perlite, 75% soil. I just have all soil in mine & its workin fine. FFOF is said to not drain very well, and can cause root rot and stop oxygen from getting into the soil to the roots. So every time i water it i push on the sides of the pot to kinda loosen the soil up. Seems to help :)

hope that helps you for now man!! Good luck!

6. thank you very very much! for your guide!
    thanks a lot! yeah im goin to look what type of my soil, and try to look where can i buy foxfarm, well i guess the yellow because of spraying, cause i usually drop some water at the leafs, and maybe i put the plants too near the lights, so it causes a burn, but we'll see, i'll keep updating! thankyou so much ! :D :D

7. well i guess its because i spray the leaves, so it causes the burns, but we'll see!
    thankyou! :D:D

8. no problem man, glad to help! And you're probably right w/ the spraying. If you DO continue to spray, then i'd wait till they're a little bigger, get a little spray bottle, and spray every once in a while. And when you DO spray it, move the plant away from the light, or move the light away from the plant - whatever's easier lol. Cuz the heat will evap the water too quickly & burn the leaves (like you guessed :D). If you're using tap water like i do, its cuz there's shit in tap water thats harmful to plants, but if you leave the water out for a day or 2 it gets rid of alot of shit in the water, making it better for the plants.

You might be better off simply not spraying em though lol. Or at least wait till they're bigger :)

9. hey guys!
    now i already add another lights, so now its 5x23w CFLs daylight! :hello:
    and for the plants nothin look different i guess, just leafs is bigger now, and i can see another leafs comin up! is the progress to slow ? today is the 6th day!
    and i'll keep updating my journal!
    and ill post pic later, cause my sister bring the camera, so i cant take a pic now!

see ya guys!

10. Just keep the Lights within inches and everything will be fine , If you can't grab a bag of foxfarms , make sure you use a good 25-40 percent perilite mix(with whatever you can get). It will help to make sure nothing is overwatered , and it's super cheep , make sure it does'nt contain time released nutes.

Keep it up man

11. thankyou so much man for helping me growing!
    just inches from the lights ? it doesnt make my plants burning ?
    yeah, icant find foxfarm here, and tomorrow im goin to buy perlite,
    and what does it mean "25-40 % " is it 25% perlite 75%soil ?
    thanks again!!:D:D

12. looking good,wot he means on the perilite and soil,,the mixture in the bag needs to be so much percent,and the soil needs to be the other percent

13. yeah thats what he means. 25% perlite, 75% soil :)

it won't burn the plant, don't worry about that. A test is to put the lights, say, 2-3 inches above them, then put ur hand level with ur plant under the light. If it feels too hot on ur hand, its too close. But cfl's don't get that hot, so im positive you can keep it 2 inches above ur plant and it will be fine :D Just make sure to raise it as it grows, cuz it will grow faster at times, and you wanna catch it before it burns it. If it does get burned, its no big deal, just a little stress on the plant, but they're strong, it can handle it lol

If you want, you can buy FFOF on Amazon.com. but then it would take longer to get there lol

14. #14 evndr, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    hahaha yeah for sure it takes a loong time to get my foxfarm if i order it,
    well i think tomorrow im goin to buy perlite, and do i need somethin else for this time ?
    ow ya, can i put the perlite at the top of soil ? or do i have to mix it ? but if i have to mix it, how ? i already start growin, or do i have transplant them ?
    and thankyou thankyou again!
    +rep for your great reply!

15. #15 FuckingClassy, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009

lol no problem man :D when i started my journal, i didn't get as much help as i hoped, so i like to dish out all the help i can from what little experience i have aquired so far lol. But yeah you would mix it all together. Idk how everyone else does it, but I would get some type of bucket or something, put the soil in and then the perlite, and mix it up with your hands. That's the way that i would do it lol.

I've read about people putting the perlite on top of the soil, but i don't think it would work very well - then again, i've never done it, nor do i actually know this is true lol :p i'd just mix it up.

you can just mix the soil, get it in the pot, then transplant into the new soil mix you made. Simple as that lol.

I don't think you need anything else besides the soil & perlite. i'll post this, then edit if there's anything else i see you should get lol

EDIT: do you have a fan in ur grow area? if not, you definately need one of those to both circulate air and to strengthen your plant's stem. It REALLY helps out in the plants strength. The first plant i started had the fan on it, and the other one i had going right after it (just recently repotted to actually START growing it lol), its real flimsy, but not stretched. It just feels kinda weak. You won't need nutes till the 3rd or 4th set of leaves, so i'd say as long as you get the soil and the fan, you're good to go for a while!

hope you're having fun with this! Lol. Its so goddamn exciting growing. My main plant STILL hasn't started budding and its pissing me off lol

16. hehe well wishing a good luck for your growing too man! and i'll be checkin out your grow.
    yes i do have a fan, the fan is hangin in my wall, but i pointed the fan down,i'll show you with a pic when i can use my sister camera okay ?, but i think im goin to buy another mini fan, to put inside my cabinet, well im gonna updating again soon with pics ofcourse!
    thanks!

17. I know, same " quote " but I feel the same as Hypeshot. Go with the force.

Great so far, Keep it going strong dude !

[FONT=&quot]_____________________________________________________________[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]PS:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am a pathological liar.......And post only out of boredom![/FONT]
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/313576-white-widow-pics-grow-1-city.html

18. oh okay! thanks a lot man!!:D:D

19. yeah! thanks a lot man! im gonna keep it strong and always updating!
    thanks!

20. Lookin good so far man. With the soil and the perlite, mix them together then transplant into that soil. If you think the soil is burning the plants find some plain topsoil with no nutrients (no xx-xx-xx value) at a gardening shop or something(hard to find this time of year unfortunately) i've seen people use even MG soil with no side-effects, just have to "dilute" it so that it isnt to hot (to many nutrients). Putting perlite on top of the soil has a different effect. When you mix it in it gives the roots more room for oxygen and drainage. Putting it on top keeps the top layer dry, and crushes gnats trying to burrow to lay eggs in your soil (gnat problems suck!) but you need to get a soil tester to tell when the soil is dried out as you cant tell by looking at it (tester also makes it a lot easier to tell when to water, biggest first-timer mistake that will kill plants is overwatering! only cost a few bucks at a walmart or similar store)
    Hope i was of some help, i'm not an expert by any means, but this is all helpful info i've found. Good luck dude! check out my grow if you want to see what you could have to look forward to in a couple months (especially if you tie them down as they grow!)