Deleted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 312368, Nov 17, 2010.

1. #1 Deleted member 312368, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2022

2. They look good so far. I would add perlite to the soil in the future so it drains better. The bugs could be gnats. Better get rid of whatever they are asap.

3. You are going to have to split those babies up.. Once the roots get entangled theres no hope.. That means you'd then have to keep them together and then one can end up strangling the other out for space.. It would also suck if one just happened to be a male.. This will only hurt you in the long run to keep them together..

The fan shouldn't be constantly blowing on the babies.. It should be moving around like an oscillating fan.. Too much wind weakens stems instead of strengthening them..

The flies are from the soil.. If you bought it and they kept it outside or if you keep it outside it was probably infested with bug eggs.. The eggs hatch and produce spidermites or other things that you'd rather not have in your grow.. Gotta get rid of those quick because they eat the roots of your plant and can cause major problems..

If you want go ahead and post the pics of your grow box.. Make sure it is 100% light proof when your plants are in the dark cycle.. It doesn't matter in veg, but once you switch to flower it will matter a lot..

If all of those are different plants then you also don't have enough light.. 100 watts for the first plant and 50-75 for each additional one. You should have at least 550 watts for all of those together..

Notice how much they are stretching? That is definitely lack of light.. You want them to stay bushier instead of tall for indoor grows..

Make a few corrections and I think you will do great.. Goodluck, I'll check back later to see if there is anything else I can help you with..

4. #4 Deleted member 312368, Nov 17, 2010

5. How many cfl bulbs do you have that will equal 600 watts? :eek: At that point it's cheaper to just run a MH/HPS setup imo...

6. Remember use the actual watts, not the EQUIVILENT watts(mind my spelling)

Example: 24watt CFL is EQUIV to 100watts - its still only 24.

7. #7 budalushious, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    I use hot shot no pest strips for insect control. They are toxic so if you use them read the lable. I put one in and turn my fans off for the night. The next morning let the fans exchange the air then put the strip back in its pakg. Do this every other day for a week and your gnats will be history. You will find many ways to control them(sprays, putting sand to smother them ect.) This is what worked best for me...................And get your lights as close as you can........1-2inches away, close as you can without toasting them.
    good luck
    peace B

8. #8 Deleted member 312368, Nov 22, 2010

9. #10 abrahamx, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    I was just thinking how could one grow anything in something that small. With lights and everything you have to grow like a 10 inch plant or something. Are you hoping for an eighth for your yeild. Just seems like a waste. Grow the thing outside or on top of the box and get a nice big plant and yeild a qp. What are you growing in a shot glass. maybe it the box was 36x24x 7feet you could get one nice plant. Just seems way, way, way too small. I say you outgrow that box in about two weeks. And why box it up with less airflow and alot more heat. Just put it there without the box. I dont mean to disrespect but it does seem awefully small. My first grow almost went to the 7 foot ceiling in my basement. I think most plants get at least 24" tall and with a 24" tall box that will be a problem

10. #11 Deleted member 312368, Nov 22, 2010

11. why even use the box? 36x24x24 means the box is 24 inches tall right? lenght by width by height. At least thats how we do it in the states. I may have been exagerating but mine were 22 inches at day 40. A computer case? Youve got to be kidding me? How much did they yeild. Personally I like to shoot for at least an ounce per plant. My grow space is 3foot x 4 foot x 7 foot and I barely have room for three plants. Is there a benifet to growing in a box? Seems it would reduce airflow and increase heat. Just use the room as the box. Its cool though, good luck either way. I will be interested to see how it goes. I would plan on at least a 5 foot tall box or even 6. Pot plants ususlly get pretty tall by the time they are ripe in 4 or so months.

12. #13 Deleted member 312368, Nov 22, 2010

13. Grats on the grow man looking good but i just thought i would throw this out here, as you can see in this chart 5000ks suck for veg 5500k-6500k would be much better and i dont even see 7800k on the chart...
    [​IMG]

14. #15 Deleted member 312368, Nov 23, 2010

15. Good chance they will germ. Thats a real treasure. Grow some redbud.

16. Definatly go get some 6500k :) Good plan thought, but as you can see the plant doesnt get much usable light from 5000k's.

As for the seeds in the 70's-80's - woah! Some might work, many may not, only way to really tell is to germinate a few :) - inspect them first, try and pick the most decent for trying :). Make sure he's all good with that, im not sure if the seeds would be valuable one day, perhaps some super rich pot head is set on aquiring them?! :p Who knows lol

Bring the old school strains back - start a seed bank! lolol

17. the fruit flies wanna get baked outta their minds. Lol if they are still around when you harvest the plant, just blow a cloud of smoke on them and share the love ha ha

18. they might. there is only one way to find out.

my dad has some plants they grew from seeds 33 years old. and the leafs are like leather. it took 2 weeks to germ but its veggin and it stinks up the whole house :)

19. #20 Deleted member 312368, Dec 7, 2010