Newbie trying to grow, need help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drdellorama, Feb 9, 2008.

1. hey what's up ppl, i just ordered some seeds from Rhino seeds, northern lights to be exact.
    this is gonna be my first ever grow, i'm gonna be growing in my little closet.

So i read most of the sticky here, but i haven't really found clear answer about what kind of soil brand i should use.

My closet is painted white already, so i just need to buy a couple of CFL bulbs (2700k and 6500K) according to the guide, and from what i read, that i need to put the lights close to the plant (like prolly 3" ??)

i think i'm gonna be using paper cups at first, then move it to a bigger pot once i see some progress, is that good? or should i just go ahead and use the pot from the beginning?

and how many seeds should i put per pot?

thank you

2. Hey, welcome to GC.

Soil brand depends on where you live. Basically just stick with all organic, and make sure it doesnt feed or is pre nuted.

Lights can be anywhere from 1-3 inches recommended.

Its better you use plastic cups, as even paper cups coated can wear down. Make sure you poke holes for drainage of course.

1 seed per cup/per pot.

Keep reading! Lots to learn still.

3. thx for the reply, so from what i've been reading, avoid miracle gro?
    i think i'm gonna make a trip to the local lowes or home depot and see what brand soil do they carry, so just look for organic stuff right?

and after germination, how deep should i plant the seed? 1/2 inch?

4. Yes, yes and yes ;)

5. You probably will need more than a couple of CFLs. How many seeds will you be germing?

6. i think i'll try to grow 2 seeds since this will be my first grow

one cfl light per plant is enough for the beginning stage right?