newbie to grass city 1st grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BahamaBud, Oct 21, 2007.

1. hey everyone, new guy here. first grow....etc etc.
    my biggest mistake was using osmocote time release 14 14 14
    i think i put a little too much but i will let you guys be the judge
    the plants are all different seeds, as i cant get bag seeds here in the bahamas.
    ive started spraying the leaves with wter so i doesnt get too much fert from the soil.
    any ideas

thanks

btw here are some pics of my kiddies

Attached Files:

2. time released or solid stick ferts have been nothing but hell for the people here that have tried this method of fertilizing

your plants arent too bad , but are beginning to show signs of nitrogen toxicity "the claw" affect that the leaves are beginning to look like.

If they were my plants Id transplant to fresh soil and obtain a general purpose fertilizer EG: NPK 10-10-10 with micro nutrients

I use & reccomend this if its available in your location

Vegatative cycle fertilizer
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering

3. oops i forgot to add, i am using 150 watt equivalent florescent bulbs, 1 for each plant, and its indoors. i live on a boat and this is a hidden closet so i gets a little warm in there sometimes. as high as 90

thanks again

4. 75 - 85F is optimum

90F they can handel but will need plenty of air movement , just as if it were 90F all summer outdoors

5. i have a fan in there now, but i am going to move them to a buds place where i have more room, plus i am going to re pot them with some new soil like you said.
    also is there anything i can use to help combat the shock of the transplant to the new soil?

thanks again for all the help.

6. oops..... nevermind that last bit, i just re read your post

7. yes a shot of vitamin B complex reduces stress dramatically

add 1 drop of SUPERthrive to each cup of water, (directions on the box for larger batches)
    available at any garden center

[​IMG]

8. its gonna be fun tryin to find any of this stuff here in the bahamas.:confused:
    gonna have to get it when i go to florida next weekend