Newbie thinking of growing and needs help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Budboy911, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Ive recently been thinking about growing me some nice bud but have never grown before and looking for tips. I want to grow a total of 10 plants. I plan on doing this inside and have been looking at grow tents but not sure on what size to allow me to grow the 10 plants and whatever else i may need. I know one of the main things is going to be something for the oder control but other then that Im not sure. If anyone has grown inside with a tent plz hook me up with some info and suggestions

2. Slow your roll buddy boy. 10 plants growing at once is a big no no. the only way you'll be within any state regulations that you may be in is if you're a caretaker. this is assuming your going legal, if not... I suggest moving somewhere where there's mmj and checking out the clubs.

EDIT: go with growlab. great systems, worth the price, and you'll make your investment back on the first harvest.

3. My suggestion: Get started.

I've seen too many people on here talk about "planning to do this" or "I'm going to grow that". Here's the way I see it. If you're new to growing, you don't even know if it's the hobby for you. It's a lot more than sticking a seed in a 5 gallon bucket, sticking it under a light, and letting it grow. It takes dedication, a passion that not everyone has.

And if your motivation is wealth, you've already lost sight of the best part of growing cannabis: the companionship between gardener and plant.

Start out with a small grow in your closet, small investments like CFL lighting and some cheap pots, maybe some Fox Farm Ocean Forest premix soil just to make it as easy as possible for you for your first time. Then if you succeed with the "Easy" premixed route, look into adding on to your hobby. But don't start out with a $2000 system when you have no idea what you're doing. You may find yourself very disappointed...and lost.

It's kinda like taking college level Calculus before even opening an Algebra or Trigonometry book. Baby steps, my friend.

4. I agree. Start out w one or two plants under some cfl's. Don't drop the big money untill you know just how much dedication and passion each plant takes.