Newbie Thinkin Bout Hydro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by herbalistic2003, Dec 22, 2006.

1. We Got Some Soil Growin But It Is Taking Forever. Is It True That Hydro Grows Faster? And What Kind Of Nutes Do I Put In The Water?

2. ive had a little experience with both and i have to admit with all the farting around you do with starting in hydro compared to starting in soil i have to say that soil is much faster just cause of the shorter start up time after a few internodes the time seems to level off between the two but because of that first few weeks i will always prefer dirt. Although i can go both ways

3. Go to the hydro store and get yourself the $50 General Hydroponics bubble bucket. They come with nutes, air pump, hydroton(sp), and everything you need to get off the ground. Above that get yourself something to check the pH and a $17 (shipped) hana TDS meter off of ebay. After that I made a drip and ebb and flow for dirt cheap @ the local hardware store. See if you like it! You just check the ppm in your reservoir and if you have the right amount of nutes your pH is usually perfect depending on the water you use. I use RO/DI water.

Do a search for "how to grow green" on utube. Shows you how easy it can really be once you get it set up.

I don't know about what Schrananapuss is saying because I have always started from clones. You can always start with soil and switch to hydro with the young-ins.

GL!