Newbie tent question/recommendations

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Joshr89420, May 13, 2018.

1. Looking to start a stealth grow in a 4x4 tent. Once all is legalized here in canada we will have the 4 plant limit so hopefully want to do so in that. On the fence about what I should use in terms of gear. Keep in mind I want to keep this as budget friendly as possible but I also want good results since I'm doing all stages in 1 tent no rotations. I wanted to go the led route with the hydro mars 2 900w or the 195 reflector series 780watt. But am on the fence about the brand and quality. So here's my predicament. I can get a full kit with lighting which of course is mars hydro and tent and filtration for about 600. Or should I go the more expensive route and piece it together individually. A light that I came across that sounds good is a dual 315w cmh armor series fixture. The light is about 480 plus the Phillip's 3100k full spectrum bulbs are 120 a piece. Just wondering what others think I should do. Would the Mars hydro kit seem more logical or would going the cmh setup reap better results and justify doing it all separately.

2. I am quite pleased with my Mars purchases.
    I own the 1.2-1.2-2 tent which I got thru eBay from the local dealer.
    The kits are not always powered right.
    I chose LED due to temperature. In Ontario I have found indoors I challenging due to heat in the summer.
    I presently run 2@1500 wall draw (250w) unbranded cobs and 1@ 480w Mars reflector series wall draw (200w).
    You don't need a lot of light to start so a starter light for veg in LED is a good idea and can be used in combo for flower, if you do decide to go the cmh route or add other LED's. This also allows to look or wait for sales,
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. That was one of the perks the mars is they have the flower veg cycle options. That way I didnt have to buy different lights. But the cmh full spec is also full cycle. I'd rather buy once than do steps. The 3100k cmh is capable of veg right?

4. I have not read much about them, heard good things but also heard they run hot! Which is no good for me you would want 2@315 I think for a 4/4 tent or just go to 600w HP's . I target 50 wall watts per sq ft in flower and 32wall watts in full veg.

5. Ya this setup is 2 315w cmh in 1 hood. They are advertised as running cooler than hps. Plus full spec so no need for extra lighting. I can get a kit though from Vancouver that has a 4x4 tent with mars hydro 2 series 900 with a 4" carbon air filter and in line fan for like 650 shipped. Verses the cmh route which would be 750 alone for the light with 2 3100k Phillip's cmh. Just dnt like the fact of only having that one led panel. If I got a second for backup then it's like 400 alone. Lol it is what is is I guess

6. I was just looking at mh and GPS. Quite a bit cheaper. Would a 600w mh and hps work well with the 4x4 tent and trying to get a high yield off 4 plants. What size in line fan would I need to keep the tent cooler..it would be in a basement with fan blowing in air from outside as well.

7. Was looking at the vivosun 600

8. 4/4 rent 16 sq' 600w is good wattage for that size tent.you on the west coast? Never hurts to look on kijiji. Lots of 1 time grow lights for sale. People dump led because they come online, get told there no good, screw up a grow. I buy there light and it does fine lol

9. No I'm in southern ontario

10. There is a Mars rep in Mississauga, he is on ebay. Top factory outlet is who I use for mars stuff, always had great customer service quick shipping.