~~~newbie success story! thank you all ~~~

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mklahr, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hello all, this is my second successful grow+harvest and thought I'd take the time to thank everyone who posts of these boards for good solid info and contributed to my success. My first grow was northern lights and ak48. I was excited to grow but didn't know much about it and so my yield was depressing. I got maybe an ounce of low quality buds but did the job from all three plants. I'm a little embarrassed to admit such a fail. BUT I read up and did research on this forum, asked questions, absorbed material and put it all together to harvest 115 grams from 1 querkle plant. vegged for one month and flowered for 9 weeks. I just cut her down last week and am currently sampling all my hard work :bongin: The smoke is tasty and fast hitting. Here are some pics of the buds.

Note: The picture of the jars is only half of the total harvest, I gave half to my friend who funded my 400W light. I'm a nice guy =)

Attached Files:

2. Glad to see you're motivated! There's no such thing as failure, only learning lessons!

You'll do amazing next time!

3. Nice harvest bro.
    Turnin into a ganja farmer. Keep it up.
    Looks like some nice smoke.

4. Don't be embarrassed. Even those among us in life that are the best, the prodigy of us all at things do not get that way from birth. It still takes them immense amounts of practice to get truly good at it. The only difference is when they get good they get better than the average with far less trouble than us normals. You are following in the foot steps now of some of the greatest people who have lived. You are doing for yourself and that is a worthy effort from any human. Take pride in the knowledge that now you can truly excel and thrive. You have gained the understanding that you knew nothing and have admitted it, in that moment you proved you can truly learn anything. Be proud of your accomplishments because in the moment you accepted that you could be more than you currently were you surely proved you are human.

I truly am happy to hear of your success. I am certain you will parlay it into future success and see the joy that this all can really bring a person. I love it when humans do great things.

5. nice job, i hope i have your success as a beginner.....

6. Beautiful dude!

7. 400 watts? huh i've been thinking of growing and thought i read 50-100 watts.

8. #8 mike827, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
    For the most part, more is better. 100w per plant minimum. Remember, light output decreases exponentially the further away you have the plant.

So a 400w hps, since its further away, gives off almost as much as say 250w CFL which would be right on top of the plant.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/79988-chart-thread.html