Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie, Starting to Smoke Again After 35 Years...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LivingColors, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hi, :hello:I'm new here, seeking advice. I grew up in the early 70's smoking some very 'toxic' (in a good way) strains of mexican sativa., in the southwest US (new mexico.)

I'm trying to identify a type of weed that was often found here, i.e., match it to a potent sativa strain with a similar effect. (for pleasure, not medicinal)

We used to call this particular strain 'mexican trip weed' and the effects where characterized by a strong, heady type 'trippy' stone, albeit with a strong body component. Effects were like, strong visual component (colored dotted lines around things, patterns, etc) enhanced coloration, and a very strobe-like vision and slowed sense of time. Of particular importance is that on more than a few hits one would experience, especially close-eyed, or in dark places, morphing geometrical patterns.

The best weed that produced that effect was some mexican that was long, stringy buds, usually a darker green, and very immature/white colored seeds if any. I also had some Thai (both stick in thailand, and in US) that gave a similar effect.

Anyone who can give me an idea of what type of strain(s) might be similar to that I would appreciate. I'll be going on MMJ soon; however, this inquiry is merely because I want to get wasted the way I like and used to in the old days. In the old days, if we ran across this type of weed in El paso or new mexico, we would often get 3 or 4 people, buy an ounce, and see how much we could smoke. Things got interesting....:p

2. Good luck my friend! I cant help you out, but I wish you the best of luck finding it or something similar.

3. well unless u grow, ur not gonna know if you ever had the legit strains that i'm gonna mention.

Green Crack
    Trainwreck
    white widow
    sour diesel

4. Well, sounds like you're expecting things to be like they were in the 70's haha. Just a tip, don't buy weed from Mexico these days...

5. Welcome to the City feller. I'd definitely look into Green Crack. And keep away from Mexican weed is good advice

6. sour diesel or trainwreck for sure. but there are plenty of potent sativas, those are just two popular names.

in my experience green crack was more clearheaded and not so much trippy.

7. #7 LivingColors, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    After I moved back to New Mexico, I've only had one good generic mexican, the rest were weak with poor taste. The good one was a bit skunk smell, sticky and green but it still wasn't the 'chicks quit smoking after the first hit' type of sativas we used to get here.

I did try one MMJ strain that was close recently, called Super Silver Haze, and it seemed to have that nice combo of effects I like BUT....it still didn't have the peculiar body stone.

I've been recommended super sour diesel, super green crack, lemon haze, and basically anything that says 'haze' in its name.

Generics I've had in my life--Generic Thai Stick, in Thailand (I was in the Navy in the seventies--) super strong and heady, but not as 'heady' as the mexica S's....Philippine Indicas... %99 shit taste and lousy stone..... A really, really gold colored bud I got in panama--now this was a different animal than most pot I've ever smoked, 2 hit, loss of function and head full of confusion type high (I walked into the wrong apartment stoned) with a very strong slow motion head high, some paranoia, and a need to go to the local cat house in Panama City urge following it.....maybe I rate this one the best I ever tasted.

Plenty of mexican of all different strengths with psychedelic effects. I really like getting patterns and slow motion effects on two or three hits.

So that's more of what I like--if I could get like that Panama pot, with more psychedelic effects, i would be in heaven. Can I mix two of these sativas to get the effects I want?

One physical characteristic of the trippy mexican i didn't mention, was I used to look at it as 'beautiful' because it always had these little purple colored hairs all over it.

8. Sounds like you were a fan of the landrace sativas back in the day. They still got them floating around in some places(very rarely do I get to try these). Try a sativa dominant strain. My vote is for White Widow or any of the hazes mentioned. You could try some kief or some hash of you want to get really stoned and experience some psychedelia

9. I agree, Id look into BHO made with a nice sativa and you may find the answer your looking for.

10. Should be getting my hands on some Jack herrer, DP, and Blue Dream this week. Now all I have to do is figure out what kind of pipe.....