Newbie Questions Please Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirSoci22, Sep 27, 2013.

1. So I'm considering start a nice little closet grow for myself, and of course I have a ton of questions...

First off, do seeds only yield one harvest? What do you do with the plant after it flowers and you have harvested it? Should you return to vegetative growth strategy, maintain a flowering strategy, or just trash the plant?

I'll probably edit this to add answers and add more questions as the arise so both newbies and experienced members can have a reason to check it out!

2. It's very easy to ask a bunch of questions and expect all the answers without doing any work for it, but unfortunately, no one here will spoon feed you.  Sorry bud.  Try a bit of reading here and ask questions on the areas where you're confused is more the right path.  Welcome to the city!  Enjoy your stay.  If you're growing you want to start reading, here's your first step:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

3. #3 SirSoci22, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    I've done a decent amount of digging and maybe I'm just wording the question wrong, but I cannot find information about post-harvest handling of the plant. I don't think that thread has that information either. 

Edit: Also I have only asked one question, and it's regarding a specific area in which I am confused. I just figured instead of just making a thread to solve my own single issue, I could create a database for all others to use for those questions that are just not that easy to find.

4. It's all here bud, just takes some looking to find sometimes.

5. That link is a guide to harvesting, drying, and curing. It still doesn't say what to do with the PLANT itself after cutting it. AKA THE ROOTS part, not the flowers/bud part. Dawill, could you please just tell me it if you know? I've read plenty of guides including both the ones posted (before being posted). 

6. #8 TheAnswer121, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    it's trash. :eek: kind of common sense. or not :laughing:

7. The plant won't regrow?

8. No. All cannabis is seasonal. They grow in veg in the spring/summer and bloom/seed in the fall. After that the plant dies. It will not come back. So one seed equals one grow cycle. After all the bud has been trimmed off the plant what's left of the plant is thrown out or turned into hash.

9. debating on troll or not :unsure:

10. Sorry lol. I wasn't sure...but Thank you.

11. There is this: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/201939-re-vegging-ogh-way-foolproof.html

That's only if you REALLY want to save the genetics, but it is possible.  Most people just toss them like @[member="canadian69"] said, but some of the organics guys re-use their soil so there's a ton of answers to that specific question.  A lot of what you're asking is either very advanced or personal preference.  I'd suggest just jump in with the BASICS (soil grow) and learn as you grow.  Don't spend a ton of money on nutes and equipment.  If you discover you're not good at it or don't like it, no blood, no foul.  DOING is a lot different than reading and learning.  Fortunately you are in a place to do both.