Newbie questions on growing medium!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GreenWolvereen, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Hey there guys, I am very new to the forum and equally as new to growing, I started my seedlings in an all organic soil and those little square starter pots, I'm on day 4 of them being under lights and right now and I'm just currently getting the next set of pots ready for transplant. Now I live in northern Canada and gardening supplies are kind of scarce here and I can't wait for shit to come in off the web, I did however find some essentials for the grow medium, I would just like to know what kind of ratio I should use, I just went out and got everything I could find so here it is, I have 2 bags of promix perlite, billy brand vermiculite and sphagnum peat moss, good old 100% organic Canadian soil, some of that floor dry crap, the diatomaceous earth I believe? Anyways, I was hoping you guys could help me with this! Thanks so much!

2. Take a look at the recipes in the organic section. Great info there. When I went that direction I used two parts pro mix hp mixed with one part perilite and one part earth worm castings as the main ingredients.( Earth worm castings are a pretty important ingredient)
    I also used peat moss in place of the pro mix and it was fine and way less expensive.
    I then added lime to balance the ph of the peat moss and a bunch of other amendments suggested in the organic section like neem meal, alfalfa meal etc. This organic mix is supposed to sit moist for four to six weeks as beneficial bacteria etc grows in it before use but give it a try and see how it works
    GL

• Like Like x 1
  3. I quote that to say this.....ESP when it comes to Organic...the "mix ratio" is TRULY unique to each grower

4. 50% soil
    25% perlite
    25% peat
    Then you'll need some fertilizer

5. Thank you! That's what I wanted to know, if I could get worm castings and all that other crap I would but as I mentioned all I have is everything I'm able to get! I also have the general hydroponics flora trio but I'm not going to start using them until week 2 of veg.