Newbie question!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roscoe100486, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Just started smoking. Where has this been all my life?!?!
    I want to start growing, but where do you get seeds online? Are there any
    legit places where you've purchased seeds? Nothing crazy just regular chronic until I get better at growing.

2. [quote name='"roscoe100486"']Just started smoking. Where has this been all my life?!?!
    [/quote]

Don't let it get out of hand man.....

3. Oh no, wont let that happen. Maybe once/twice a week.

4. You just started smoking and you want to grow? Damn!

Idk, I don't grow........yet;). Maybe just google that shit to start with lol.

I'm sure some blades that know what they're talking about can help you get started.

5. Haha naw I've always wondered about how it was grown. Figured since I started smoking it nows as gild a time as any. I googled it and saw some sites, but I don't know who's legit and who isn't.

6. http://forum.grasscity.com/cannabis-seeds-banks/323640-current-legit-seed-banks.html

You have a lot of reading to do. Start off with the stickies at the top to get yourself headed in the right direction. Also helps to read through the grow journals and follow a grow from seed to harvest, really gives you a sense of what to expect.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/382585-beginners-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

7. MJ has seeds???????? Nooooooo, tell me it ain't so.

OK, now that I got that out of my system, Attitude is a righteous seed bank, carries so may strains your head will hurt from reading about them all.
    Check out GreenMan's seedbank ratings website at Green man's Seedbank Update
    The site is very simple, not a lot of flash & glitz, no advertising either... just plain straight up ratings from people who have ordered and sent their experience ratings to the moderator.
    Lots of people like Nirvana-Shop for their lower prices and good service.
    Doc Chronic used to have an excellent rep but for some reason seem to have fallen out of favor over the last couple of years (always worked for me)
    I've heard good things about High Grade Seeds (guaranteed delivery) & Herbies Headshop but haven't used either.
    Buy a good book or two. Camp out on this forum and read, read, read.
    Then take those bag seed and get busy. Tune your setup until you're comfortable then order beans.

Or you can send a bucket full of cash to my offshore account & I'll send you plenty of beans..... (that's what some sites will do for you, I'm just kidding.)

8. Holy crap, I have a lot of research to do hahaha

9. It's really not that difficult, but if you let it, it WILL drive you crazy.
    Several options:
    Find a site & order something that sounds good
    Find a site & order one of everything
    Try your bagseed first, you'll learn basics on propagating from seed, transplanting, watering, etc., get your equipment set up, how to sex plants, and a lot of what NOT to do (really, you will learn more from your f#ck-ups than anything else)
    Find another site & order a beginner friendly strain like Northern Lights
    Just pick one & do it. There's always tomorrow, and another strain.
    Now where's my bucket full of money?????

10. Yup...lots...

Like olde school said it's not that difficult...but it is a whole new thing to learn...

GC is a tremendous resource...use it...

Take your time...read, read, read...check out people's grow journals...once you have a bit of a knowledge base, ask questions...get to know some of the growers...they can be one of your best resources...

Only after you know what you are going to do, and how to do it, do you need to worry about seeds...

11. don't let it overwhelm you. Get your grow space in order first. An area (cabinet, closet, tent) with lighting, proper ventilation, good temps (70-85F), and good light sealing so there is no light leaks to hemi plant. Get that in order before you try to get your seeds to grow.