Newbie question

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Smokering, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I need help with the humidity. It gets up to 60% when she's in the dark. Should I just buy a dehumidifier?

2. whats it like when the lights are on?

do you run your exhaust fan at night? i run mine at night and the humidity doesnt rise anymore,

i found that right when the lights and exhaust went off at the same time it trapped all the heat from the warm bulbs in, and temps shot up past 35 for an hour or two, humidity would go up like crazy too. now that she is stinky enough i have to run my filter 24/7 the problem seems under control.

3. [quote name='"DyeNasty"']whats it like when the lights are on?

do you run your exhaust fan at night? i run mine at night and the humidity doesnt rise anymore,

i found that right when the lights and exhaust went off at the same time it trapped all the heat from the warm bulbs in, and temps shot up past 35 for an hour or two, humidity would go up like crazy too. now that she is stinky enough i have to run my filter 24/7 the problem seems under control.[/quote]

I havnt been running the exhaust fan. It's on the timer with the lights. I'll just keep it running and see if that helps tonight. What is the ideal % humidity for when my lights are on and is it the same for the dark period. Thanks for the quick response Dye. I'm learning lots.

4. im not exactly sure, but ideal is between 35% and 50% i believe, and it will go up a little at night,

but as long as it stays fairly constant, and isnt so high that condensation(dew) forms, increasing risk of bud rot... you should be good,

mine sits about 30-45% depending on humidity and temperatures in the apartment,

i also find that i water twice as much when it is at 30 i than i do at 45, (which to me means more nutrient uptake), but i start to worry when it sits at 30% for too many days,

We are all learning new things all the time,
    thats what this community is for,
    :metal: :gc_rocks: :metal:

5. Order a gun safe humidifier. Gonna see if that helps with my humidity.

Update day 33/ day 12 of flowering.

image-519729593.jpg

image-4207921899.jpg

image-565159030.jpg

Also planted another bean today. Gonna do 12/12 from the get go.

6. HELP: so the bottom leaves are starting to yellow. I know it's some kind of deficiency. I havnt used any nutes just watering with phd water and mollassess. She's 2 weeks into flowering. What do I need to do?

7. Pics, and a few more details?

it could be normal, depends how bad it is? and how fast it is happening? how many leaves? is it just the original fan leaves on the main stem?

if the plant is big enough, and has enough other foliage it might be trying to "shed" them, so it can put more energy into flower production,

8. [quote name='"DyeNasty"']Pics, and a few more details?

it could be normal, depends how bad it is? and how fast it is happening? how many leaves? is it just the original fan leaves on the main stem?

if the plant is big enough, and has enough other foliage it might be trying to "shed" them, so it can put more energy into flower production,[/quote]

Yeah it's the first set of fan leaves and I few small leaves at the bottom. I will get pics when she wakes up in the morning. It's just a few yellowish green leaves at the very bottom and everything else looks pretty. I just wanted to ask before something bad starts to happen. The buds are smelling so tasty. Nice white hairs growing like crazy. The soil seems to love the molasses. I'll get pics posted tomorrow...

9. ya, sounds like its normal, you can leave em till they fall off, or help your girl out and prune them off,

10. #50 Smokering, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    So here are the very bottom leaves. Slowly yellowing. Seem ok?

image-1229232992.jpg

image-192275528.jpg

11. ya man,
    looks normal to me,, if growth were stunted or something else like that, it would be a sign of some other problem, but if she is doing fine except for those then i wouldnt worry bout it,

i just snip em off once they are yellow, i dont let my girls waste too much energy on them, but if it still has green it still helps with photosynthesis

12. Another ?
    I noticed this on one of my fan leaves. Any idea what it's from?

image-2277316690.jpg

13. nope hopefully someone else does

14. lookin good man

15. So some of her older fan leaves are browning away. I fed her some bloom nutes with N:p:K. 2:10:10. Hopefully she'll bounce back. The bottom leaves look nice and healthy still. Hopefully she'll make it. Id love to get some great smoke from my first attempt. I cut all the old brown leaves off.

image-3409096961.jpg

image-3461211600.jpg

image-2763732872.jpg

16. #58 Smokering, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    So I just found out I will be leaving town for over a week in 2 weeks. I guess I'm gonna have to Chop her before I leave. Right now she probably has 20-30%amber and 70-80% white. I hope she will be ready....

image-2285052220.jpg

image-1468767769.jpg

17. Chopped the top. The rest will come down Friday. I leave Saturday. I'm super excited. I made my first run produce something. I wish i could have let her run another month but to be honest i didnt expect to make it this far. What an experience. I want to thank everyone and every forum that helped me along the way. Here's to many more veggies to come!

image-603752091.jpg

image-2466208991.jpg

image-4030675858.jpg

18. Hey congrats man! Its always nice when a plan comes together.