Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie Question about bag.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by drewsome, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I have used the same plastic bag to put my MJ in for the last few months. When ever i would buy I would grind the new and then dump it in the old bag with the little that was left. Now that bag has little tiny pieces and the bag is a little darker. The stuff is about the size of what is in the bottom of my grinder after it goes through the keif(?) screen. I was wondering if there is anything I can do with the bag to get the stuff out. I was also wondering if you can get a high off of it. I don't even know why I keep the keif(?) I don't even know what to do with it.:smoke: Any help would be appreciated.

2. Why would you pre grind your weed? The trichomes will burst on the plastic and the bud will loose potency.

3. Well, if its keif, keep it. (or give it to me :D) Just sprinkle some on the top of your bowls. And you should invest in a stash box, stash jar, or at least a new bag, lol :rolleyes:

4. Well, for one I don't advise grinding your herb as soon as you get it. It makes you easily loose track of how much herb you have visually and weigh wise. Secondly, you wanna keep all herb out of plastic bangs as much as possible for the reason you encountered: it absorbs your kief and makes it difficult to remove.

Something you can do:

Run 91% Isopropyl Alcohol [Rubbing alcohol, found at at Happy Harry's/Walgreens, ect] into the bag. Shake for a good 30 seconds. Empty the bag onto the flattest glass or ceramic plate/pan you can find. Blow a fan over the isopropyl to speed up the evaporation process. Once ALL the isopropyl has evaporated [wait a good 12 hours at least, 24 is best], scrape the plate with a razor or a really sharp knife. Then, SMOKE IT!

5. I didn't know any better.

6. Seriously?

7. What is a stash box?

8. a box to put your stash in...

9. Yup, this is actually a very great method. You can find more info on it in the forums somewhere, qwiso hash uses this method. Just make sure it drys for at least 12 hours as the guy said. 24 hours is ideal.

Also, buy an airtight jar at the dollar store if you want a great storage place.

10. Boom!

11. Yeah it really works man, the process is like so:

91% Isopropyl Alcohol should only contain 2 ingredients: Isopropyl alcohol and water.

Cannabinoids are easily extracted into alcohol [the higher the percentage, the better]. So when you run the alcohol into the bag, its gonna instantly pick up all that kief in the bag. Because both alcohol and water evaporate fairly easily at room temperature, when you empty it out of the bag onto a flat plate, due to the increased surface area, evaporation will take place more rapidly. By blowing a current of moving air over the isopropyl, you will be further speeding up the evaporation. When total evaporation is complete, all you will have left is a plate full of cannabinoids and some plant matter (which can be countered by straining, but with kief I find it not worth it) . All is completely safe for smoking.

12. Boom shakalaka!

13. i only do it with mids, but it makes it really easy to dip in a bag, pack a bowl, and smoke. it's great for on the go.

As for the OP, if you've put nothing in the bag aside from marijuana, then anything inside the bag is smoke-able. enjoy :smoke::smoke:

14. Ditto. Especially if I'm going to be traveling or at a friend's house.

15. Whoa man what a waste! First of all keep your stuff in an airtight glass jar. Doesn't have to be a huge one can be small. Plastic bags are not only non-airtight but over time from general handling and sitting the static from the bag actually pulls off a LOT of trichomes and I only keep my stuff in a bag if I just bought it and then it goes straight into my glass.

I would also advise away from pre-grinding your stuff as that only furthers the problem and makes a lot of waste.

16. Well what I do is, when I'm on the go or plan on smoking outside, I just grind up the amount I think i'm gonna smoke, and throw it in a pill bottle. But only the amount I'm gonna smoke, not the whole stash ;)

17. Just tried this. It looks like tomorrow this time I will see what I have. The bag was really dirty, so I think there will be a lot of residue. Time shall tell. Thanks for the tip.

18. Buy some new bags for about $3 including tax, stop pre-grinding your weed, and with your bag usage time frame you should be good with that box of sandwhich bags for the rest of your life.

19. Boom! Got me a jar, no more pre grinding. From now on Im a "grind as ya go guy". Double boom!