newbie needs help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tuto420, Sep 26, 2008.

1. wats goodie gc! i just got my seeds today from nirvana.:hello:.ordered on monday.
    now i need some soil but im not sure which one to purchase..i have been peepN through the forums but i still cant choose..

my setup is going to be an indoor cfl stealth dresser grow.. so anyone help me choose wat soil and nutrients to get...fyi im in the US good looks peoplez!:smoking:

2. was good bra, well if you can get Fox Farms it's good shit I hear. I just switched over to it. You got a hydro store near you. If not something out of Lowe's will have to do.

3. Hello!

If you are forced to go somewhere like Lowes, or even Walmart for your soil, at least
    do your best to obtain some all organic potting mix. Watch out for cheap topsoil as its
    often very clay-heavy and not so good.

Also get some Perlite and Vermiculite and mix it good, it will help with soil retaining
    moisture and oxygen for healthy root growth.

And probably the biggest factor.. dont get soil that advertise "3 months without fertilizer"
    and whatnot.. the soil with time-release nutrients already in it.. you want to control your
    own fertilizer schedule and those time-release ones will skew it out of whack and you can
    end up with nutrient burn and thats just no fun.

Like Bank404 said -- try to get some FoxFarm if you can, its the highest recommended
    soil around here. Good luck though, I cant find it anywhere and ordering online is a bitch!

I hope that helps!

~Experimentalist

4. which foxfarm products should i buy..i know its the fox farm ocean forest soil but wat about the nutez and is there anything else im missing? thx!

5. nutes, well any decent veg nute will do the job.

Yea FF Ocean Forest.

6. so i was looking around an i found a hydro shop around my way that carries fox farm..so ima def. get on that asap but now my question is about the fox farm feeding schedule which consists of -> GB/TB/BB/OS/BB/CC .. im looking at this and im lost HELP! :confused:

7. Fox farm soil ftw.

Fox farm grow big, and big bloom are great. Start at 1/4 dosage for the first few feedings and slowly increase to recommended amount based on looks.