Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie Needs Help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Wattsy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Hey guys

I'm still learning the ropes to rolling and lighting joints, and I've come across an issue.

My joint doesn't stay lit.
    I bought a quarter last month and it smoked really well. I sometimes had to re-light it once per joint, which is fine for me. Apparently that's normal.

Here's the issue:
    I bought a new quarter off of the same guy and it looked pretty good (Image 1) but I literally have to re-light it about 6 times per joint.
    I'm not sure if I'm rolling too loose or too tight so I attached a pic so you guys can critique my roll (Image 2).

Sometimes I'll light it, begin to toke and it will go out mid-toke. This never happened with my other quarter.

Is it me, or is it the weed?

Cheers,
    Wattsy

image1.JPG image2.JPG

2. It could be the weed, Idk why that wouldn't burn givin your taking a toke off of it in a reasonable time. Make sure it'd not to loose after you roll it back the weed down a bit before you twist it and just make sure you don't pack it rock hard and you should be a go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maybe it's still a lil too moist??

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or it may not have been flushed and the ferts are giving it a bad burn

5. Thanks Robbieboy123 I'll pay extra attention to how it's packed in there.

Also justalilcrazy yeah it could be moist. Should I just leave it out to dry or is there a specific way I should do this?

6. Yeah but check it regularly the last thing you want is weed that turns to dust lol bend a stim on it and see if it makes a snap or just bends.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah I'll give it a try when I'm home later today.
    What do you think of the way it looks in Image 1? Can you get much info from the pic I provided?

8. Couldn't you technically dry out your herb by putting it in a closed container and add some silica packets? Hmm...

9. I can't tell anything from how it looks. Your cannabis looks fine. I find if the cannabis is really sticky if I grind the day before and let it dry a bit in my kief box it will smoke better. I agree it may not have been flushed properly- what color is the ash?

10. That must be your fancy superior liberal thinking huh? Sure there are plenty of ways you could dry the bud out but the most obvious is? To let it dry out like you normally would. I for one like the smell of weed idk about you.

11. Hey bdeslaur that's a good idea for drying it! I'll give that a go - thanks!

Joker1121 I'm new to smoking in general so I've never considered the colour of the ash. From what I remember, it's just plain black ash but with maybe some hints of dark green!

12. There is at least a gram of stem in that quat. Anyway, the pic of your joint looks good so I say it might be the weed, although it looks dry enough. Perhaps you could invest in a roller. Next time, tell your plug not to include that much stem. He will reply with "thats what I bought, so thats what you buy". Tell him to seek higher quality bud or you will call the cops on him. LOL don't say that i'm kidding.

13. Hey grasscoty, is the stem smokable? I usually grind up the stem and have it all mixed up. Could that be what's making the joint go out?

14. No, stems dont cause any burning problems, but stems are not good for smoking, althought thats what people say, i personally smoke stems, just because im on super budget, it definitely does not have that much thc in stems, but there will definetly be some, if you dont want to smoke stems, just collect around 3 grams of stems, and make a tea.

15. Ah fair enough!
    What's bad about stems?
    Also is it bad if there isn't much THC?

16. My guess is that stems don't have as much THC as the actual flower. That being said, I still grind up my stems with my weed and smoke them :smoking-banana:

17. People say they get headache from stems, they also taste much more shittier than a bud, bet since the stems are next to the bud, thc falls on stems, there is nothing bad with lower thc amount in it, you just need more to get high, and if u have that many stems in bud as you have in picture, then you are just paying more to get high

18. Ah ok!
    I thought you was going to say that smoking stems actually caused harm to your body or something :D

I wouldn't know much about taste cause I've only really smoked the local stuff, but I haven't thought that it tasted bad, which is good I guess.

I'll get some friends over and we can all try each others weed and I'll get an idea of what flavours are out there :)

19. When my joints go out like that, I switch to a thick paper like players or export, usually solves it.

• Like Like x 1