Newbie needs help! Yellowing again :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crezydave, Jan 14, 2011.

1. so last week i started to feed with nutrient that is 2-5-4 because i was told a nitrogen problem. and it just seems to get worse. its in 1st week of flowering and all my 6 plants are females. my ph is always on point and havent had a problem with that. wished i had a better ph tester but im using the drip one till i can afford a meter. how long till the nutrients start to work and fix the yellowing? i need some help here guys. there is no way i am letting my plants die to much hard work as been done.

Attached Files:

2. here are more pics.

Attached Files:

3. How much nutrients did you use? You should start out at 1/4th whatever the bottle says and work up from there.

4. i been using full strengh. 1oz to a gallon

5. That's deffinitely nute burn from overfeeding.

6. Dosn't look bad my man.....May be normal but, keep an eye for excessive yellowing on top leaves.

7. Huh. Yellowing again? That sounds like it might be a grow room problem.

I'm not sure this is nute burn, but then again, I can't really help since I don't know what nutes you're using. They're not listed in the post unless I just missed them.

I use this lineup without any issues.

Sensi A&B Grow
    Sensi A&B Bloom
    Bud Candy
    Big Bud
    B-52
    Voodoo Juice
    Overdrive

And I'm going to be adding these soon:

Piranha
    Final Phase

Always fun to play with more and you might try out the Final Phase to make sure you're flushing things well at the end.

8. I'm 95% sure it's not the nutes. Don't add anymore until the problem is fixed. That being said, the nutes you used are not veg nutes. You want more nitrogen than potassium because they compete for uptake (more N than P and K)

You really need to rule out Ph lockout though. I know how hard it is to use drops/papers but you gotta flush your plant with Ph correct water to get the unused ferts out before they form salts that kill your plant.

9. i already started flowering. i figured i get a nutrient with alittle bit nitrogen it will help my plants. i just did two feedings only. It doesnt seem to be taking effect on any other leaves on top. im going to wait it out once i see if it has hit the top i will most def flush it.

10. Here is a pic when i took them out to fix the grow room a little. top leaves look fine.

Attached Files:

11. No problem with those plants...That yellowing at the bottom is more than likely from not enough light. The fert your using is fine for flowering plants and would only go half strength as more phosphorus will induce faster flowering.
    Your going to want to flush anyway 2 weeks before harvest and take them off nutes. I would start using some unsulphered mollasses so the buds get a chance to fatten some...

Nice grow...;)

12. CF is right, the yellowing on the bottom is from lack of light.

the yellowing on all the tips of the one plant in the middle pic in post 2 is the beginning of nute burn. you can also tell by the twisting leaves.

The yellowing in the center of all the plants is Mg deficiency.

13. i see! they are so bushy i aint suprised that i aint getting no light on the bottom leaves. is it ok that i leave it like that? nothing is raelly gunna go there anyways because its so low. was thinking of getting some cfls on the side but im on a tight budget now. for my first grow i dont think its bad. at least im learning.

14. The yellowing at the bottom is NOT due to light.

It's nitrogen deficiency. Your plant is eating itself to try to get nitrogen. Again, Ph lockout is my guess.

15. runoff ph is at 6.7 i cant see it being an issue. the leaves that was yellowing are about to die off.it hasnt yellowed on the next set of leaves. so i guess its ok for now?

16. Once the plant has decided to drop a leaf, it will keep yellowing until it dies off but fixing the pH should stop it from spreading to other leaves.

Have your pistils come in yet? I didn't see any in your pics. If not, the next time you feed I would use your veg nutes.

17. yes it has stoped spreading so hopfully as is good. i didnt even use any veg. nutrients im a newbie but i def learned my lesson not using it. i already see pistils coming out. im using the flowering nutrients. hopfully small amounts of nitrogen in it will help...BTW im from western ny also :)

18. Oh? What county?

19. im in erie county.

20. Cool man, always nice to meet someone who isn't from the city haha. I live right next to Chautauqua Lake.