Newbie needs help sexing plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by muprhinator, Aug 28, 2011.

1. #1 muprhinator, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
    Hi all I need some help sexing my plants. I have an outdoor grow in the UK. I have been forcing my plants on a 12-12 and I think they are showing signs of sex. Tonight will be there 7th night of the force.

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

2. Is this plant a male ?

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      271.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Can you help me sex them guys ?

4. Look like females bud! congrats

5. There are 9 plants there you think there are all female ? . If they are all female that would be great news.

I have just started giving them bio bloom organic after some advice from a friend.

Thanks for the reply trey

6. Well giving it a second look. I can't really see in the very last picture, what the sex is. But for 9 plants you struck gold.

7. perhaps that last plant is not showing its sex at the moment. The advice I have from a friend is that could take up to 2 weeks in the 12-12 force.

The other plants only started showing the white hairs after I brought them out this morning. I kinda knew by loooking at them once I seen all the white hairs. But its always nice to get a 2nd opinion from growers like yourself.

I think you might be right with the luck as these seeds came from a friend 2 years ago. 5 of them stink of real strong skunk weed.

8. you definitely have a couple males from a quick glance, dont mistake the calyxs's for pistils just yet.

9. I was gonna give them 3 more days to see I will take 2 pics of the ones I think are males to see what you think.

10. I think these 2 are male as all my other plants show lots of white hairs.
    001.jpg

002.jpg

11. I coodnt say for certain if they are but thats what my males looked like pre flower

12. I will give them a few more days to see if they show further signs of sex. If they are male gonna make a little hash from them to see what happens.

thanks for the replies

13. I think this plant is a male @ the pre flower stage what do you guys reckon. I can clearly tell my other plants are females and this 1 is not showing any white hairs like the rest.

003.jpg

14. No buddie thats a female.

15. If you see those white pistils its a chick.

16. Those are not white hairs like the rest of my plants. This plant has no white hairs on it at all.

17. look to the left near the stalk in the past pic you posted, i'm pretty sure i see 2 pistils making an X

18. It does look male ... but personally I like to wait before I condemn a suspected male until I can see real evidence of balls growing. I isolate the male(s) (I grow in containers) and check daily. I've had some girls that are just slow to mature. If it is a male, then it's only cost you some water and a few pennies of nute ... and you have a little more green for the hash making!

Don't forget to keep check on the girls too ... this year one turned hermie on me. :-o