Newbie needs help on first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by frenchfries, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Alright so ive had a plant growing from a germinated seed for 29 days and it seems like its growing extremly slow last friday i added some organic plant/vegtable nutrients to it and it grew a little but its still small as fuck its about as tall as a bic lighter not sure whats wrong its been raining like everyday for the past couple of weeks so it might not be getting enough sun but im not sure i would appreciate any replys thanks

2. the more sun the better.

what kind of soil r u using? in the ground or pot?

3. #3 5150, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    I am guessing packed soil from the little info you gave.

When you water the plant how long does it take the water to drain thru? Does it drain slow?

What soil did you use?

29 days and only 4" tall. The only thing that popped up in my head was packed soil. even with little sun it should grow tall and skinny. Packed soil will not let the plant grow fast. Super slow infact.

4. Its in a pot im not sure what kind of soil it is but it looks good there is other plants in it to disquise it but i cleared a little spot for it i was going to move it into its own when it got noticable and i havent been watering it because its been raining alot it might be packed down but im not sure ill see when i get home

5. could also be soil to wet weed like its soil moist to dry rather than damp or soaking wet.Plus like 5150 said soil packed is big problem you want your soil to be very light I use 50/50 soil to perilite.If you can get some B-1 from home depot gets roots going real good also 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide per gallon will help get oxygen to roots.If soil is too wet plants roots cant get air and are pretty much drowning.I hope this helps.By the way even in shade outdoors your getting more light than 99% of grow rooms

6. How can i loosen up the soil with it planted

7. You can't. Get in your time machine and go back to August 2011and transplant into a lighter soil mix... lol, kidding! How did it turn out?