Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie needs advice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by reesecups, Sep 6, 2013.

1. I live in California and was just approved for medical marijuana. I have a lot of lung problems, so smoking and vapor aren't really options. I'm diabetic and can't have carbs. My stomach also does not absorb nutrients and other things I eat, so I don't know if that leaves out the pill form or not. Does anyone have a suggestion of a ready-made form that I could use? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Well I don't know what they have at your local dispensaries as far as edibles so i can't recommend anything ready-made but you should look into tinctures as well. I also can't imagine your condition making your body unable to absorb thc through the stomach.. Though remember; I am not even close to being a doctor, I'm a "undeclared major" dropout lol, but I do know that those are questions you should be seeing a professional about, not just us idiots on some weed forum haha

However; no matter what the answers to those other questions may be, I do know that making your own edibles instead of buying ready made stuff will be the route you want to take. It is extremely easy to get started and there is a wealth of information all over this forum; but especially in the edible-specific section of these forums which I'm sure you can find with very little searching. Good luck on your journey!

3. Thanks! I appreciate your suggestions.

4. Not sure how well they work but they have topical creams also.