Newbie need help growing 1 plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alunda, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Looking for a cheap oderless setup only growing 1 plant in my closet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If it were me, from my experience, id put my savings into a decent light rather than non-essentials like a carbon scrubber unless your'e rich $$. Does it have to be odorless because its your parents house or something?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm sure come week 6-8 into flip the police will be harvesting the plant for him... lmao I had to install my filter the other day as my one plant was stinking up the outside of my home from the closet.... even then I cheaped out and didn't buy the best fan so during the most potent times I still get a good ole wiff In my home. But OP if you are in a legal state and not concerned more power to ya but if you are in an illegal state I would say a carbon filter is an essential item... if you want to be the one harvesting it anyway...

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah is there a reason u need it to be odorless. If you smoke in ur place, then you shouldn't need it, but if you do, you have plenty of time to do research before you need to worry about smell. Get a good light first to start you. I grew one plant in my walkin closet that I just harvested, gave me two oz dry, off only 150w HPS and my wife said she could only smell it once she came upstairs, if my bedroom door was open. I had a double fan circulating air throughout the closet and odor wasn't a real issue

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 generic98547, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Only thing is it varies on a plant by plant basis so if you for some reason don't want to get a filter and are living in an illegal state at least buy seeds that specifically have a more subtle smell. That's originally what I had did but my more discreet genetic seeds didn't germ so I had to use my freebie special queen and she is skunky. Like I said I keep no windows opened up or anything and I did an inspection around my home one day after work and noticed a very distinct smell. And i know right before my lights turn on she lets it be known she's waking up and I'd guarantee you people could smell it from the side walk if I didn't install this damn filter... I didn't have to worry at all up until week 7 in flip though as before then it just left a nice pleasant smell in my home as if someone had some dank laying around.... I definitely wouldn't compare it to smoking weed in your house though.. maybe some plants but others will smell a lot more. So what works for one may not work for another which is why I do recommend it even if it doesn't end up being as bad as it could be.... not much you can do if you wait until it does end up stinking a lot worse than you thought it would and now you can't wait the week or two it takes for the carbon filter to be delivered just my opinion. But again if you are in a legal state it's different the only thing you'd have to potentially worry about are fiends lol. But as the person above me said you have a very good chunk of time to research all of this yourself and decide the route you wish to take. Good luck

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

7. Whoops sorry I meant to reply no it's my house but it's illegal in my state and I was going to just put it in my closet with a grow light two fans and some aluminum foil.

8. Yea righto. Well i like to burn incense a lot of the time which helps hide the smell, and there are other ways you can hide it - like planting lots of pungent herbs in your garden, even if you don't use them. Also, don't use aluminium foil as a reflective surface: light bounces off the crinkles and can create 'hot spots' which burn your leaves. Use either white paint, Mylar, Styrofoam or even white cardboard (paper lets most of the light through).

9. Doesn't exist. Nothing about this hobby is cheap to begin with, so don't think you're gonna throw down $40 and grow yourself some pounds. Secondly, I've never found a MJ plant worth it's salt that didn't smell to high heaven. The only way you can achieve the "odorless" part of the equation is by spending the money to buy the charcoal filter which fits into the ducting/ventilation system for lighting....which defeats the purpose of being "cheap." I suggest you save your money and continue to study the "how to" part of this until you get enough put back to buy the equipment to make it happen the right way. The key to getting a good harvest off one or two plants...or an plant for that matter, is having killer good flower lighting for the flower cycle...and environmental conditions otherwise. But my point here is that LIGHT is the secret to successful grows inside. Otherwise, it's a very expensive hobby that doesn't yield you much for your time and money. We flower with 1000 watt HPS lamps and run 2 plants per lamp on a 10 week cycle using Roots Organics Original grow soil, tap water (that I pH) and light. We use no additional nutes over and above what comes in that very expensive grow soil I buy, and right now we average about 5 oz per plant after cure. Nutes are nothing more than plant food and your plant does not need them for WEEKS into a grow and not even then when you can repot up into fresh soil. Nutes are a must with a hydro setup...as is maintaining perfect pH range. But with a soil grow, things are much more relaxed and if you use a good quality grow soil, the SOIL will easily feed your plants as they go through their lives. MJ is a very fast cycling plant anyway, so a good grow soil can easily handle the time frame necessary to get one from sprout to harvest. Good luck. TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 24" x 24" x 48" frame built with Home Depot 2x2x8 lumber ($20)
    24" x 48" x 1/8" Hardboard from Home Depot ($4)
    24" x 24" x 1/8" Plywood from Home Depot ($5)
    Door hinge from Home Depot ($5)
    Emergency blanket or shelter from Dollarama ($2)
    Paint drop-cloth from Dollarama ($2)
    4 computer muffin fans from surplus store ($10)
    PopularGrow 300 LED Grow Light ($90)

Build the frame, wrap it with the emergency blanket leaving a door opening (attach with duck tape or aluminum tape), wrap with the drop-cloth to prevent light leakage if desired, drill 4 holes in the plywood top for the computer fans to exhaust, install the fans, the top and door, hang the light and Bob's you uncle....

$150 Canadian dollars...give or take...and a couple of pops

:smoking-rapper:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 20170423_120407.jpg 20170423_120431.jpg 20170423_120518.jpg 20170423_120622.jpg
    20170411_043533.jpg
    These are all doing wonderfully in there.

• Winner Winner x 1