Newbie Looking for Advice on Nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NYGrowDude, Mar 3, 2009.

1. With there being like a million different nutrients on the market, what should I use? I'm using Hydroton Pellets with Rockwool cubes set into them. 600W HPS lights and a fully hydroponic system. I'm growing Peak Seeds and Greenhouse Seeds. I'm using Olivia's Cloning gel to make my clones off of my mother plants. I have tried various brands over time but I am getting serious about growing now and I need something that will pack on weight in the Buds. All short flowering times with none being more than 9 weeks. Seed List; Skunkberry, All Greenhouse Seeds are Feminized, Alaskan Ice, Big Bang, The Church, Great White Shark. I wanted to try to go "Organic" if at all possible but I am looking for the best producer regardless of price. I know some of the expensive ones pack it on, but my retailer seems wanting to sell me whatever he got the best deal on that week and really doesn't concern himself with what is best for me.

2. I'm not too familiar with organic nutrients for hydroponics. I have had good results using The Lucas Formula with General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutrients. This formula uses two of the three Flora Series components and is quite effective.

3. Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. Anyone else know any of the expensive neuts and how they work??

4. I've tried a lot of different things and if what you're looking for is the product that is the best for really packing on the weight I'd say it's an easy choice. Get some Big Bud from Advanced Nutrients. I love the stuff.

You can get it in liquid or powder, whichever works best for you. I never grow without it. I usually add in Bud Blood, Overdrive, and Carboload to maximize the effect.

5. So I have been looking around for the lucas spreedsheet to have at my disposal. I found a link to it but its dead. From all I have read about the :ucas method the only nutrients you need is GH flora micro and GH flora bloom. IF this is correct I understand you can also use GH FloraNova Bloom and Grow?
    If this is true this just saved me a bunch. I had a long list of stuff I thought I needed. Which after some research it seems I don't.

6. Hey LEDJunkie........I have some info for you from a dude named Hydroganic.....he uses FloraNova nutes Lucas style.......hope his post helps you out.........chunk

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-simple-stoner-how-get-results-like-pros.html

7. Yeah he visited my original newbie thread. I have even read it but somehow missed the "perfect lucas formula" embedded in all the text. Much thanks.

8. I'm not perfect, sorry :)

GH Flora 3-part series
    8ml of Micro and 16ml of Bloom per gallon of RO water. (Mix micro in first)

GH FloraNova series
    8ml of Bloom exactly per gallon of RO water.

Hope that helps.

I'd also recommend doing a full grow before trying the next one with additives. It will give you an excellent idea of exactly what the nutes are doing and what effect the additive has.

Otherwise you don't have a control and are just guessing :) I'm guessing you'll be very surprised at how much you like the straight FloraNova over using additional additives. The buds are clean and tasty without any after flavors or anything and they burn clean down to a nice white ash.

9. #9 Mr.GoodStuff, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009

You want to look at a few products because of the variety on the market- go with the stuff that looks the best to you. You would need a lot of side-by-side experiments to decide which was the best, but here's a list of bloom enhancers:

Taste/yeild enhancement-
    FoxFarm- Big Bloom, Advanced Nutrients- Mother Earth Tea, Sweet Leaf, Big Bud, Overdrive, Final Phase, Colossal Bud Blast, Scorpion Juice, Emerald Shaman, Tarantula, Piranha, Voodoo Juice, Botanicare- Pure Blend Original, Sweet, Dutch Master- Liquid Light and Penetrator, max, silica Vermicrop Organics- VermiBlend and Vermi-T, Roots Organics- Extreme Serene, Trinity Ooze Bloom, Atami- Bloombastic, Canna- Cannazym

Pretty much all the best stuff I've worked with... Compost tea, silica, microbes, B-vitamins, amino acids, sugars, enzymes. It's what makes plants grow like Jumanji.

10. not at all. IT is there I just skipped it over or it never registered when I read it. my fault completely I meant no accusation. I appreciate your post and thread. I am going to go with the FlorNova Bloom myself. I may add some other additves later but sometimes when you are new less is more. less to mess up. less to buy. I need to get a hadnle on things first and this seems like an easy good proven way to go. This saved me over $300 of stuff I probably don't need ever much less to begin with.

11. supernatural nutz work great. there custom buffered for rockwool, they carry superboost and bud blaster that pack on massive weight, and it is optimal for using co2. this stuff makes them freakishly big if used w/ co2. if u use purple maxx as a foiler feed, it packs on the crystals as well.