Newbie Led Light question?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by XII, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hey hope all of you are well. :)

I've recently bought a small grow tent (40cm x40cm x140cm) and would like some advice on led lighting.

As i'm going with led and not cfls or the other, with would any of you recommend I've only goy £100 to spend on the lights.

Are the 14-15w 225 led panel any good or not worlth the money ?

are the 50w-90w ufo any good?

Sorry if someones already posted this question. just really confused on led lights.

peace. :smoke:

2. #2 ExtremelyStiff, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
    if your only spending 100 euros? you prolly should go with cfls. Dont get the 255 light set up. they dont work. The ufo is alright but expensive for how well it works. if you want to use leds for a full seed to harvest grow then you need to throw down some more money.

IMO go to www.ledgrow.eu
    that guy knows his leds.
    you can buy his light set up, and he has had many trials with that panel and others.
    its 180£
    when i get the money im purchasing one of these.
    go to that site and read everything. You will find out whats good

EDiT: i see your grow tent is 20 cm less than the light that dude uses. (40 cm x 60 cm) sorry?. but if your good with your hands he has tuts to make your own

3. A 14w panel wont grow jack. 90w UFO barely. Wattage still counts even with a LED. If you cant afford a higher wattage one stick to HID, CFLs T5s. You will just be disappointed and have wasted money.

4. The specification you entered here is very well transverses for this type of LED lights