Newbie hydro question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iaidodragon, Jan 1, 2007.

1. I was wondering how this waters itself. I am going to purchase this due to stealth reasons. I was just wondering how the plants actualy get watered. Does it get pumped through when water is needed? Do you actualy water plants like a soil grow? Thanks for any input

http://www.homegrown-hydroponics.com/pcgr3plsthyg.html

2. It is a DWC system - bubble bucket. It would be impossible to grow 3 plants to maturity in that though. Do you have super stealth security needs? If not you really should build/buy a bigger cabinet.

OMFG I just looked at the price!!!!! $699. Dude do not waste your money. You could build something like that for $150.

3. That tupperware container is TINY!. There is no way there is enough room in something like that.... keeping the pH, nutrient level and water level full in something that small would be impossible. Not to mention enough 02. You might need to upgrade a bunch of stuff and add more lights and it would still be too small for 3 plants. I dunno... I don't think that is worth $600 bucks.

4. Mighty Budda, Thank you! I am up against a serious stealth issue. I have a 13 year old and have already been busted by my neighbors with smell from six females only 7 weeks into flower in a soil grow. I am just looking to get some head stash and I am in the webdesign business so I thaught this would be perfect for my office. I know it seems like a lot of $$$ but I do not want to get into making one myself. I was just curious about the watering and I found some info on this. I have already ordered it so besides the $$$ do you think I will be able to get a somewhat harvest from this. I have feminised grapefruit and was gonna try topping or LST. What do you think? Even if I could get two to successfully flower that would be good for me. Thanks!

5. Ok well when it arrives check out the container. If it isn't the biggest that can fit in the tower then you need to buy a bigger tupperware and then copy the design they have laid out. Biggest that will fit! Also, line the tupperware with reflective duct taping so light can't get into it. The light will be fine for a few weeks but once you get into flower you might need to sneak in another CFL. Once you see this design you will understand how it works and you can make a cabinet or something dedicated to the purpose. The problem is that you go to a large amount of work for a tiny field. I also think you need to look into lowryder seeds since they are designed for your purpose. The fem seeds mean you are not gonna have to weed out males so I would do 1 or 2 plants in that small a space. Also, you may need to design some sort of stealth exhaust from this unit into a carbon scrubber. Maybe copy a design like the one I used (check my grow log) and just shrink it down and run it into an empty computer case.

6. PC Micro-Grow Stealth Box; Complete System for Growing Plants in a Computer Case pc-growRegular Price: $1,500.00End of the Year Blow-Out; All Time Low Sale Price: $699.00...

i found that part to be the most interesting... how do they stay in business??

i would go with 1 plant in there, and lst the hell outta it! id also see if you could get a 250 watt HPS in that instead of the cfl they have. the hps will drastically increase your yield and decrease grow time!

7. 250w would produce way too much heat, it would be cheaper and easier for him to buy a 75 or 100w HPS, they dont produce much heat at all with proper ventilation, even in that small space

8. it would be quite easy to cool tube a 250 and use 2 cpu fans, one on each end. would make for great bud in that space.