newbie here, questions about big bang autoflowering femenized seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LateToClass, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hey guys me and my roomate are planning a 3 grow box set up. Running CFL's for our first go. One box is a 3'x2'x5' dresser for flowering. One box in a closet for veging/cloning. And another box in my closet for flowering a few small guys. The dresser plants will be able to get a little taller or maybe just have 2 levels. I am eyeballing the greenhouseseeds.nl's autoflowering big bang. I've read mixed reviews on these but would like to hear whatever you guys have to say about them. I would like one strain that will be small and produce bud quickly. Then after our first harvest I will pick up trainwreck from this same company.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I looked into cheap $40 led light squares but heard some bad things about them and decided to stear clear of them

2. LEDS are good but you have to spend some money to get one. One of the big issues is LEDs are not made like normal lightbulbs there made in factories. Factories in China..many legit ones out there but many many cheap chinese knock offs. To make that harder alot of the better seller LEDs out there the dam companies clone the design and flood the market with them..look on amazon or ebay.

CFLs still get hot so make sure your dresser has ventilation as well as your closer. Get you some pots, nutes, lights, read the grow guides on here and google them for others.

Your going to have a blast..at first since its your first grow you will be buying alot of odds and ends...thermometer, ducting this or that etc. Whats cool is alot of it is a one time purchase so it gets easier.

3. Cool man when I get home from work ill post the link to the led I was looking at, it was on amazon if I remember right.

I'll post up pics and progress of the build as soon as we get started. Were currently in the process of moving out of our current appartment into a nicer one but don't know if that's happening this month or next month.

I was going to use a 4" inline duct fan connected to a homemade carbon filter... any other tips for odor control?

How can I control odor during harvest/drying??

4. Check out the DIY ONA bucket on here that works great! Carbon Filter though will help immensely.

I also have a ONA gell thing inside my grow tent.

With those I never really smell anything other then when I first open up the tent. I am hit by a blast of it then its gone. For the harvesting and drying I used my bathroom since it has a fan in it. Never smelled a thing.

5. Ill be living in a 3 bed apt. me and my buddy are doing this together but we dont really know the 3rd guy. hes up stairs in a loft room with his own bathroom.... so maybe that could work