Newbie here. Need help sexing please!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChrispyCrunch, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hi there, I have attached pictures of 3 plants I'm growing, which are showing preflower/flower growth in their 5th week since germination. Been on 12/12 light schedule since week 3. As this is my first grow I'm not positive on sexing and looking for assurance. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

The picture files are named for the strain shown. First 2 pics are Sugar Kush. Next 2 pics are King Tut. And the last 2 pics are Blue Dream. sugkush2.jpg sugkush2(1).jpg kingtut.jpg kingtut(1).jpg bluedream1.jpg bluedream1(1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. First photo is a male. The rest are not clear enough for me to see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. First pick a male, the 2nd & 3rd too early to tell/ hasn’t shown sex. The last pics look male but they are blurry a female will look like this in preflower IMG_0895.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thanks theepopeofdope and lilblueflame! I tried getting the best pictures I could with my phone. The Sugar Kush (first 2 pics) and the Blue Dream (last 2 pics) look like sure males to me, so thx for confirming! And King Tut (the middle 2 pics) looks female but we shall see in the next little bit how it progresses. I have a few other plants going as well that have not shown much yet. Keepin fingers crossed!

5. get a close up shot at the node, you should see the pistols, they are the little two antenna looking things that stick out of the node like horns, and then a pistillate hair will protrude. You can see this in lilblueflame!'s post. It's like a white/orangish translucent hair.

*Make sure you get that male out of there ASAP. Bag it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks! I plan on removing the male(s) tomorrow morning when the lights go on, now that I feel more confident about it. Should be fine one more night right? I will update the thread with more pictures as things progress.

7. So I have removed the sugar kush that was for sure male, but left the one blue dream that was showing to see how it went... Hard gettin good pics but here's a few of my blue dream 1.... Looking male to me...? 20200317_104409_HDR.jpg 20200317_105953_HDR.jpg 20200317_110033_HDR.jpg

8. To me all 3 pics look male, on that first one it looks like some pollen sacks have already opened on to the leaves. Feel the top of that and if it’s sandy like pollen you might wanna Desanitize & hope that they didn’t impregnate none of the males

9. Females*

10. I don't think any pollen was released. That first pic was after misting the plants. Maybe why it looked like it. Didn't feel sandy n took pics after removing it (pics below), it looked ok. Sanitized the room anyway, though i have no females ready to be receptive to pollen yet. Thanks a lot for your help!! I will continue posting my progress. 20200317_115528_HDR.jpg 20200317_115547_HDR.jpg

11. As you Post so will i ! I have 2 rando female plants, & right now they are both doing fine but the budless one has nute burn first grow as well . IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0901.JPG

12. Nice stuff! Looking good! I've got several plants going from my large collection of bag seeds... Started with 7 seeds i got to germinate that I put on 12/12 lights from week 3, but had a kind of rough start to their lives with me over watering and slowly improving my lighting situation... I'm down to 5 of those plants now, and have begun starting other seeds alongside them... Planning on keeping a perpetual grow going doing 12/12 from seed to weed out the males from my seeds and get what I can out of my freebie females... Looking more for quality over quantity when it comes down to it. 20200317_132903_HDR.jpg 20200317_132831_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. So I got some updated pics from my King Tut plant... Looking kinda ballsy to me.. Thinking it's a male, possibly a hermie...? 20200319_093449_HDR.jpg 20200319_093643_HDR.jpg

14. Man U must really have some bad luck lol, those look like males, looking at the nodes in the picture . They are pollen sacks stacking, even if it was a herm I’d def still kill it.

15. When are u switching to 12/12 on these plants they only look 4-5 weeks old already in flower?

16. Either way gonna give it some more time and watch it. Hope I'm wrong. Seems it might be early to tell still. Already down 2 plants, wanna be sure of what I'm looking at so I'm not discarding plants prematurely.

17. Yea ill separate it and see but think you're right. The older plants have all been switched to 12/12 from early in week 3, was 18/6 before that. All my new plants will be 12/12 from seed. Here's my newbies today! :) 20200319_105022_HDR.jpg

18. Well... Another one bites the dust! King Tut is dead and gone lol.. Only got 2 seeds left for that strain now. Hoping a female comes from one of those ones... Got 4 of the original 7 plants left growing now, hoping they show female! Keepin my eyes on em!! 20200319_112243_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. What lights are you using?
    Update on both of my plants, they are growing like crazy and I’m hoping flower will be over soon or they will fill up my tent! IMG_0905.JPG IMG_0907.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Noiice!! Looking good! How far along are yours? And what's your light situation?

I have 5 lights in my room.. 3 of them are the 50watt equivalent full spectrum LEDs on goosenecks, 1 is a 60watt equivalent full spectrum Acuvar bulb, and the last one is a 100watt equivalent Magic LED Daylight spectrum bulb (by far the best one, the plants reacted huge when I first put it in)