Newbie here...need help plzzzz!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowDatPurp, Dec 13, 2006.

1. hi everybody, i am new to this forum and i am completely new to growing weed. i am thinking about growing one plant first in a closet, to see how it goes. and i really need to know what kind of equipment i need and what stores i can get it from. would they have it at home depot? i live in san francisco, cali area. i am also wondering how bad it would smell if i am trying to grow purple.

2. read the grow guides and as far as the smell ive heard a carbon filter works great, also try more than one plant, be kinda sad if the only one turns out male

3. Yes thats true I had 6 and lost 2 due to problems, as far as smell goes Iam not sure about purple but carb filter works fine.

Its more when you cut them that they smell but some just stink.. :D

4. can you guys tell me where i can get the equipment needed and a list of equipment that i need and where i can get a carbon filter?

5. read the "grandpas grow guide" i havent grown anything yet but im doing all my research here :D. read through for a few hours, you will come to better conclusions in that way than us trying to tell you

Edit: the guide i mentioned is in the sticky area in this forum, also look in the seed bank forum under "getting seeds into the USA" i asked questions and got some decent answers regarding that topic

6. cheap shit:
    13w-40w cfls 4 or 5 (twisted lights)
    florescent lights (long tubes in schools and shit)
    dirt (NO NUTES and NO MIRACLE GROW)
    humidity meter
    ph test kit
    organic fert (fish emulsion bone\blood meal)
    clone powder (to grow a female if u get one)
    squirt bottles (for watering)
    ummm?
    all tis shit u can get at lowes, home depot, walmart,

expensive shit:
    since ur in cali just go to a hydro store
    hps\mh lights $150-$200 (high pressure sodium\metal halide)
    fox farms dirt(many types just make sure they have no nutes and between 6.3-6.8 ph)
    organic ferts
    not sure what else but make sure u get all the stuff on the list on top ^^^

have fun and remember marijuana is a plant
    dont over water or over fert that is the easyest way to kill your baby
    if u need help there are tons of people that canhelp on this site
    mu, dr.budgreengenes, there many more but my stoner memory is a bitch:D

good luck
    peace:cool:

7. dont i need a timer as well? so the lights can go on and off by itself?

8. that would make life easier for you, but you could always cave man it. pull the plug

9. that link didnt get me anywhere, but heres a good timer for like $11

i tried add links for you too and nothing would work, i tested them, and that home depot site is messed up, bad internet shopping if you cant link ppl to a page, ANYWAY...

go to that home depot site and search item #100026919 that will get the lighting on\off job done for $11

also look up item #100047746 its a bulb ive seen mentioned in the forums, said it was the cheapest way to go for lighting, remember im a noob too so dont take my word, have someone back this up, soft white CFL bulbs are best for the veg period and daylight CFL bulbs are best for the flowering stage

in anycase the best of luck

EDIT: i found where i read that CFL thing, i had it backwards, daylight for veg soft white for flower