Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie here and in need of some bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by apathetic, Jun 30, 2009.

1. This is my first time posting (though I have spent countless hours lurking)
    I've just gotten high for the first time, and now I'm thinking: how long would an eighth last me?
    Also, I just graduated from high school, and since I was never one of those popular people around, it would be really nice if someone could point me in the direction of a dealer (I live in Fremont, CA). It would be great to know the prices, since I got my first eighth through a friend of a friend of a dealer.

2. depends on how much you smoke a day.
    An eighth could last anywhere from a day to a week depending on how much you smoke.

In my city it is 30$ an eighth.
    Im not sure about CA.

3. hmm well an eighth would last u about a week if u smoke everyday and it costs me $40. idk about CA and dealers arn't to hard just chill with someone that smokes or ask them.

4. Oh, and the first time I got high, I used a tiny ass bole of weed. During that week, I toked 4 times, all tiny-ass bowls, and I still have quite a bit left over(I use a sneak-n-toke pipe)

5. 1/8 lasts me a nite or 2.

prices are diff everywhere.

just get a med card since ur in CA

6. How easy is it to get a med card in CA if you're 18 and don't have any real health problems

7. Probably pretty easy. Apply for insomnia/anxiety and just answer the test questions with the most anxiety or insomnia sounding answers.

8. Really, if you're new to smoking, you only smoke small bowls, and you don't smoke very often, I would say you could probably make an eighth last even longer than two weeks. That's about how long mine would last me when I started, and that's with semi-frequent smoking sessions with friends.

Good luck finding weed man. Best advice I can give is if you see some guy with dreads ask him if he knows where you can get some bud. :p

9. When I started smoking I made an 1/8 last 2 months. Sometimes a little longer.

So you could probably make it last a loonng time.

May I suggest investing in a one hitter. Because thats all your gonna need to get blazed by yourself.

10. What is a one-hitter? Or even better yet, any links or pics of them?

11. #11 Saul Goodman, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
    A one hitter is a pipe that holds a tiny bit of weed for a few hits only (generally one or two hits) (hence the name one hitter)
    This is a common cigarette disguised one hitter.
    [​IMG]
    Don't be fooled by the cigarette design, the bowl is pretty small (just the top part of it)

Other wise another thing is a Dugout. Its a wooden case to hold a little bit of weed and the one hitter in a case as big as zippo or so.

[​IMG]
    The weed goes in the bigger hole and your oney in the smaller.
    All you gotta do is press the oney bowl first into the herb compartment firmly, and smoke :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugout_(smoking)

12. ^^Werd. My first pickup ever was an oz of some mids for 110 dollars. I remember asking dude, is this like more than an eigth or what?

He was like, dude its 8 eigths, and my jaw dropped.

It lasted so long i cant even remember lol, but i got like the last quarter taken by my bro who gave it to my parents. Then my dad gave it back a month later LOL and prob took some

13. First of all, nobody in their right mind is gonna hook you up with a dealer over the internet. Try hanging out in places where stoners tend to gether. In my experience concerts are some of the BEST places to meet other smokers. Check out funk, blues, rap, jam, folk, and classic rock shows, and you shouldn't have much trouble (especially at funk shows :D).

Also, not trying to start an argument or anything, but faking reasons to get a med card is not taken to very kindly on these boards. I mean, if you're gonna do it, nobody can stop you, but please don't discuss it on a public forum. Makes the concept of MMJ look bad if people are lying to get cards ;)

Anyway, good luck with everything :)

14. Hahaha. Your first was an oz? That's hard core dude
    Yeah man, I didn't even TOUCH my chillum for the first few months of smoking.

I still don't touch it much. I usually take out my pinchy and I'm set :D

15. #15 StoneColdChilla, Jun 30, 2009
    Yea your best bet is to goto any concert, find anyone smoking weed and talk to them. I found a dude smoking weed at a concert when I was 14 and offered me some, so it shouldnt be hard for you.

Also, FAMILY!

If your parents are cool with it you could ask one of them, cousins etc...

If you know anyone who drinks and parties, ask them if you can goto a party with them and I bet you'll find someone. Ask your friends to ask there friends etc.

I had 0 weed connects 6 months ago, now I have 4.

16. #16 Painkilla240, Jun 30, 2009
    I will be really informative with the prices on the streets of CA (SoCal esp.)

High-mids to DANK
    Gram $20
    1/8 Oz(3.5g) $50-65
    1/2 Oz(14g) $120-215 (this price also depends on dankness, stronger more potent weed is usu. more) avg. 160
    1 Oz(28g) $200-$450 (depends on quality and strain) but avg. would be about $280

Also you should buy a good thick glass pipe. I love glass pipes because they are the most convenient way to smoke packing bowl would be easy as hell instead of having to buy paper all the time and needing to roll it and all. For a newbie like urself I would just pack a small bowl or what ever you need and then move on to bigger bowl and finally up to multiple bowls with Dank weed.

Heres the check list of what you need:
    1) Clear Eyes
    2) Fabreeze
    3) Gum
    4) Water/Soda (to avoid cotton mouthing)...stay hydrated
    5) Thick glass pipe (great investment)
    6) Some good bud
    7) (if your going to be smoking for awhile then purchase a) GRINDER ***with Keif Catcher

Also remember if ur smoking in public Joints/blunts are best so you can throw away the evidence if someone confronts you...you should be OK with a little bottle of clear eyes just say its for your allergies if they question you r somethin but usu. no one gives a fuck. Just chill and be happy and high :)

17. #17 take it higgher, Jun 30, 2009
    go to a concert. and look for people toking up or look like the type that would toke up make freinds and start talkin bout weed. just be freindly and social good luck bro:smoke:

get a medical card!!!!

18. Yes, im posting again.

Your in cali?

GET A MEDICAL CARD

19. I think it's a bit harder than just going to a concert. I mean, I go to concerts all the time, see people rolling and packing all the time. But what are you supposed to do? Go up and be like "So uhhh.. That weed ya smokin there? I'm not a cop!" Haha.

20. be like...

"whats up bro I just recently started smoking would it be cool to possible to get a hit?"

Say if the person says no r something sing "I got 5 on it"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzIYv_mE04]YouTube - Luniz - I Got 5 Five On It[/ame]

ANd then they would be more likely to give u some...and maybe dress a little relaxed so they do not trip on you thinking ur a cop. Also after taking a few hits be social talk, joke, socialize with them with your friends. Then be like hey I am new can i get a contact cuz that was some bomb ass weed bro.