Newbie help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Czand, Feb 22, 2013.

1. So I just picked up some clones is it true that if im growing in fox farm ocean forest and perlite, I shouldn't feed for at least three weeks? :confused:

2. Thanks. What about when i transfer to a bigger 4 gallon pots. Am I not supposed to feed whenever i put fresh soil?

3. Aftet ur clones get first rutes they will need nutrients especialy N.U can use 1/5 of normal amount.Also new clones can get easy fungos,and adding N reduce this chance.GL

4. Don't feed atleast 1 week after transplant.The roots can stress,but this depend how u transplant them,if u did it very carefully this should not be a problem.

5. #6 baumeister, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    bullshit, you dont fertilize against fungi, you use fungicides against fungi (or better fix the environment, such as lowering humidity so that no fungi can grow) and fertilize to feed the plant. fox farm ocean forest contains a decent amount of nutrients for several weeks.

no, thats exactly when youre not supposed to fertilize. the fresh soil has nutrients, but no roots in it yet. meaning once the roots grow into it, they have what they need, but if you do add fertilizer before the roots grow into the new soil, its gonna build up there and can burn the plant once the roots reach it.

6. #7 Czand, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    Cool. I think i got a better understanding! Very appreciative. Again Thanx!!

7. Hi. I'm in the same stage as you! Got my clone 3 weeks ago. I gave it two weeks to root then started counting as day 1 veg. Two days after repotted (roots had grown well after 2 weeks.) and I won't be using nutes till next Saturday because of the nutrient in the fresh soil around in the new pot. Shes lookin fine! Hope that helped.

8. No no,u didn't understood me when u already have fungi u need to use fungicides.But plant that have more nutrients is more resistant to fungs.So this work like prevention.:devious::devious::devious: