Newbie growing outdoor 4pots 2 in ground

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by new guy ontario, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Welcome Southern neighbor.
    Thanks YES hot lol luving it personally. Plants soso lol

So i added a home made drip bottle per pot hoping this helps regulate water.
    Also ph is high 7+ at times so i have started adding vinegar at watering. Started with 3tble spoons into 2 gallons of water. Came down to 6.8- 7.2 will bump it up next feedings til I find the right mix. Hope this is the right approach as i didnt want to spend $20 for ph down at this time. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is coco better than soil is it easy to maintain im thinking of going coco next grow.

3. Nice girls ive never heard of adding vinegar before.

4. I went from my homemade supersoil to coco. I like the way I can automate it and feed multiple times a day. The growth is explosive and I still feel like I’m growing in dirt, but it’s passive hydro

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neither had I! I asked google....... haha given it a try lol

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hey GC folks, quick update and thanks for the helpful posts. Sorry for the delay not enough hours in the day lol.

So i am still having ph issues and i think its affecting my nute intake, as i mistakely before reading, used time release pelets..... although made for marijuana growing. I fear when i transplanted into fabric 10g pots i didnt water enough through the first couple weeks. Is it possible now that i am it is too much for my plants? I did flush and we have had a couple lengthy good rains as well.

Had a bunch of leaves shrivel up and look burnt so picked those ill post pics to show their current state.

The 2 in ground seem to be doing the best but seems small. Thoughts? Again first time really have nothing to compare.

Thanks hope everyone is having a fun growing season. Im learning a ton and excited to continue on this path.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Hey no they look great your doing a good job. Leaves will fall off just like we will lose hair lol. Hey btw nice boston i have a male boston.

8. Thanks Kush Smoker. I'm trying not to over think things but there is so much to learn lol. He's actually a boxer just small haha thanks he is da shit

• Like Like x 1
  9. So i was trying to figure out my estimated harvest time ( fingers crossed) but if I'm understanding correctly plants won't flower until we get down to 12 hrs og daylight and less. Looking ahead at daylight hours we won't be down to this til Sept 24th. This seems really late to me as i assume its at least 6-8 weeks of flower which would put harvest sometime in early Nov:( this judt seems like a schedule for disaster. Am i correct in the timeline and in my fears? Lol thanks again all.

10. No u will b allright they flower quicker outside depending on the sun and the change of weather they prepare them selves like a bear going into hibernation u should be good end of sept begining of oct. They should start flowering like mid of aug

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oh okay Great as from what I'm hearing we are going to have a quick transition into winter this September wet and cold nit like the past few years . Thanks Bud greatly appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  12. Where abouts ontario are u im southern ontario.

13. Southeast

• Like Like x 1
  14. Update... Did a little thinning out of the interior leafs ( I hope i didn't take too much)
    Tied a few branches to allow sunlight in

I have decided to water 2gallons a day( feeding eod) to the fabric pots as i see no signs of overwatering and I'm actually seeing roots peeking through the pots:) as they have the time release pelletts and need them to flush before flower ( rookie mistake)

The 2 in ground are getting 2 gallons also with feedings eod also with tomato fertilizer. ( again rookie and was on hand and free)

I'll post a few pics... thoughts?
    Thanks Cheers.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Looking good my friend and ive only flushed once before flowering i dont even do it anymore. Once i switch to 12-12 i start on weak flowering nutes quarter strength week 1 week 2 50% then week 3 i go full out 100% on nutes . But flushing for the last week to 2 of flowering is a must. Hope that helps ya.

16. Thanks Bud. It all helps when your learning lol I'm not sure bud i think I'm a few weeks from flower and mid october harvest. Is there a flowering Nute your reccomend? Prefer something with a built in PH optimization component.

17. Updated pics first pic last week after thinning and regrowth pics.
    I've noticed the 2 in ground were getting very dark green so i have backed off feeding to once a week hopes of avoiding N overfeeding. A few leaves with spots but nothing to crazy.
    Hope all is well out there.
    Cheers[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. I dunno bout the ph in the nutes i rarely ever check my ph its always fine cause i usually fill 5 gallon pails and let them sit for 48 hrs before i use . But nutes i use botanicare pro grow then botanice pro groom bloom soil formula. I get it at my local grow store northern lights hydroponics its around $35 a bottle it lasts a while like 4 crops for me .

19. There looking great man . Your doing a great job for a 1st grow . Those fuckers are going to stink up the hood when there budding lol .

20. Okay Thanks I'll look into the Nutes more.. i do have a 25g and a 35gallon pots I'm using to let my well water sit also before watering. Does this stabilize the PH?