Newbie growing outdoor 4pots 2 in ground

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by new guy ontario, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hey everyone. Growing on the cheap First grow outdoors plants in late May24th 2 in ground from seed unknown strain. 4 in pots clones unknown strain.

Feel they should be much bigger. Looking to pot in 10gallon fabric pots not sure when though. Pots are getting 14hrs of sun, in ground 12 due to shade.

Have feed twice with 1/4 amount of tomato fertilizer per feed.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks in advance[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. #2 old shol4evr, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

3. #3 old shol4evr, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

4. Outside, light is light. Shade doesn't really mean anything unless you're talking nearly or completely cut off from light.

I think the strain has a lot to do with it as well as problems that cause stunted grow, such as pH imbalance. Are you checking water pH and after you add nutes to the water?

Here's mine on the 7th. Around day 53 since I put them in the ground and topped twice.

IMG_20180707_143831.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plant them in the 10G as soon as possible or plant them all in the ground. They will not get much bigger in the green pots until transplanting.

PW

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks shol4ever. I'm hoping they do just that lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Okay thank you, no the sun for 2 inground is just cut off by a tree line a few hours before sunset.
    Ph is hovering between 6-7 have only been able to feed twice as the soil was still moist. Needed perlite I think.
    Question- how do i feed nutes if soil doesn't need watering?
    I'm using miracle grow organic potting soil. Looking to transplant into 10g fabric pots this weekend also.
    Wow they look beautiful Thanks for sharing

8. Thanks was to be my next question actually. Getting on it this weekend

9. Your pH is fine for now. When you start feeding nutes for flower, you may need to raise the pH a little after adding the nutes.

Get XL Perlite and mix heavily into the soil. Next grow, do the same and get some better soil. Miracle grow is somewhat shunned for pot growing. Look into FoxFarm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog or many others.

Don't feed nutes every water fo every 3. Wait until they're dry or getting low on moisture. Get a moisture meter you can plug into the soil to see where you're at.

It gets easier dude. ;-)

10. Hey hows it going im also in ontario welcome to g.c. at least my area of ontario the weathers been brutal 90s low 100s with the humidity. Just have patience summers just starting lol we have half of july and all of aug they wont start flowering till end of aug. U will still get a nice veg in. I would top those bitches now though so the bush out n grow more tops.

11. Okay sounds good I will keep an eye on pH levels moving forward. Also picked up a cheap moisture meter also.

Decided to get the 4 in pots into thier final home asap will post some pics.
    Thanks it does seem a little over whelming at times... so much info, methods, and variables involved lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hey fellow Ontarian. Yes the weather here has been just as you described I'm luvin it.... plants not so much, but are bouncing back now. Plan on venturing into Topping Sun as to give them a few days to recover from transplant to final homes today. 10g fabric pots.
    Thanks for the tips looks like a great forum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Decided today was the day to move the girls to their final homes. 10g fabric pots with promix Bx 1-3 Perlite xl with a good water.

Lets see what happens next:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking good i also use promix lol its great shit. Those should blow up outside i have indoors in a 10 g pot with promix almost 5 ft tall 7th week flower shits looking great im hoping 6-8 oz by the looks of it and outside u will get alot more what strain r u doing ?

15. Are They? Good i really don't have a reference to go from other than pics lol but very encouraging thanks. I have no idea the strains unfortunately would probably make things easier for sure but the 4 in fabric pots are clones and 2 in ground are from seed and unsure of sex. Right now just hoping to make it to harvest haha
    Question now about support if they do grow as you say?

16. Well heres one in a 10 g pot blueberry strain 20180712_114838.jpg

17. Oh ya and that lights at max height almost 7 feet . Plantz really stanking now lol.

18. They are Lovely Well done

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey guys, I’m just over the border from you. It has been HOT!!! Plants are looking good guys. That Blueberry always gets out of control on everyone, but is some great smoke.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Small world eh

• Like Like x 1