Newbie Growing from Seeds - undifferentiated at 8wks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NikiD, Jul 9, 2018.

1. I am completely new to growing these lovely plants. I was given Skywalker seeds from a local grower and planted 6 in organic soil. I transplanted at week 4, used B1 to help with the shock and started adding some Grow this week (week 8). They are about 10-12" tall and look really healthy, but they are definitely not differentiated male/female yet. There is just new growth where I'd expect the sexed parts to be. I started reading about inductive photoperiods and am wondering if they might be getting too long of sunlight. It is light from 6am-8pm right now. Do you think I should put them in a dark room from 5pm-7am? Would that help with the differentiation? Any other thoughts as to what may be going on? Let me know if photos would help. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sunlight has no influence on preflowers. Full flowers yes, but not preflowers. Preflowers are determined by sexual maturity. Take some pics, see if we can help.

3. Put some tape over one of the branches for 12 hours and it'll show sex

4. I would switch the light cycle to 12 hrs of light 12 hrs of total undisturbed darkness no light leaks. They will show sex usually within a week . Also if there 12 inches now and since your new to growing they have a flowering stretch every strain doubles to tripples in height the first 2-3 weeks of 12-12 . So if yours are 12 inches allready your looking at 2 to 3 foot plants.

5. Why the hurry to find out? It's only six plants, relax and enjoy the ride. They will tell you when they are ready. As long as you remove the males before the flowers open you'll be fine. Watch as they grow and you will learn a lot as you go. Happy growing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2