newbie grower needing help Plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tipper619sd, Jun 24, 2011.

1. I have posted many threads and i am so lost right now i have one person helping but he is in the uk and that so meaning we cant talk on the same time schedule as my plants are growing at. I have posted many pics on here and i cannot use them twice so back to the drawing board. I have been having problems with understanding my aeroflo system? I just found out that i needed to top off my res after the plants drink the water after almost killing all my girls . Also was told to cut my nutes down to 60 percent so it will help with the ph. I have been using r/o water in my res and i have been ph ing the water as i refill it back into my res. I have noticed my girls have been coming back to life with new growth and root growth but now i have changed my res and cut the nutes down to 60 percent. I am starting to see burn tips and dry leaf tips ? wondering why or is it because i have changed my res and since its way lower than the first nutrient solution the plants are not happy? Have many more questions just gonna take it slow.

2. I have added the 40% of nutrient solution that was not used in initial res at the start of the week. I have seen my res go down 2 + gals yesterday so i mixed the other 40 i didn't mix when i made my solution at the beginning of the week. Seeing i don't have an ec meter to check my ppm or anything. I have read that the older the plant gets the more ppm its gonna need I expected that doing it this way would be a better way of increasing without burning or have my ph rise up fast as the water was used and evaporated. I have also added my bud xl to my 40% to introduce it to my plants at a smaller scale first before they get the full strength on wed. Also a quick ? I feel like i wasted around 10 gals. last res change my plants were doing fine and i had topped them off before the week was up and on wed. I emptied the res and started a new one but my plants were happy with the water. Should I just run my res until it gets low and then refill no mater how long it is. Or am i doing the right thing changing them every week? Thanks for all your help and happy growing.