My Journal: A New Grower, 1st Try, and Outdoors.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AngryPossum, May 5, 2021.

1. Just be careful.
    Things were looking great for me when using a mbp tea, everyone was really showing great results in being able to take up more nutes ect. It kind of was crazy to see for 1.89$ a lb
    Then came my orange cookies nichole. The best looking plant, the best growing plant in my garden. And probably ever. There was something about that plant. And boom over night after the tea, she was dead, leaves stayed out super soft and brown dropped I tried flushing and flushing. Nope, I even tried taking some cuts as soon as I saw it I knew it was done. They didn’t root for a month and just now died the in past few days.

Remember a lot of a good thing isn’t always the best.

Even us as humans can’t have to much vitamins or water..

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wow so sorry to hear that. Some great advice, thank you.... I'm only introducing organic nutes currently. I should wait a little now. Less is more.

3. I don’t use anything not organic.
    The mbp tea
    Is 6 row Malted Barley I buy from a brewers supply. And then mill it up in wife’s blendjet to a really fine powered.
    I found if you leave it kind of chunky, with hulls, it thickens and locks together making a half inch thick solid layer of crap. While the mycelium grows soooo fast under the mulch layer o top of that barley buttttt it locks up like concrete.
    So I find you have to powder it fine, and scratch in it to the top layer of the soil then water in slowly,

Next round of top dressing I’m just going to mix it into the earth worm castings so I have no worry’s at all

• Like Like x 1
  4. #124 AngryPossum, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    The latest photo. Almost 4 weeks old from germination
    20210616_082607.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm using Anthony's Brewer's yeast organic powder. I put 5 tsp of it into a 1.3 gallon jug, shake it up and water my 5 Lady's. It desolves nice. No chunks etc

6. #126 AngryPossum, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    I'm so digging this dude's knowledge. He has many awesome vids. See if he does it for you too.
    All his videos are 4 min. And well worth it.

7. #127 AngryPossum, Jun 17, 2021
    I just bought some unsulphered black strap molasses. 2 tablespoons for gallon of unchlorinated water.

Later, I'm going to introduce some organic epsom salts as well. 1 tabsp per gallon of unchlorinated water.

8. #128 AngryPossum, Jun 17, 2021
    Today's picture of a Purple Alien. We had a lot of sun, and good temps today here in NY. Looking healthy, I hope....
    20210616_201020.jpg

The crew...and with a new comer, a cheese strain from ilgm.com in the small pot taking the sun today with her gal friends
    20210616_200639.jpg

The Cheese strain from ilgm.com germinated nicely in only 24 hrs. Beautiful root. The other one is lazy. I'll check on her tomrw.
    20210616_094556.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yesterdays pic.
    20210618_114511.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. I got my black strap molasses today, gonna give a little to the quadruplet sisters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Double post, my bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Are you thinking about using an ACT? They are a staple in our garden now. From the very first treatment we noticed more dark, vigorous growth only 1-2 days later. Our plants were also more resilient to fluctuating weather conditions between seasons (those big swings in temperature and overly wet & dry weather) compared to our neighbor's. Some common pest issues we have seen in the past were reduced as well.

Expectations started off pretty low because there is a ton of hype when it comes to things like this but the improvement was noticeable, at least for us it was. Really, ever since we started taking a 'living soil' approach the situation in the garden has been improved dramatically. Much of what we know is thanks to Tad Hussey & guests on his podcast.

We only brew and apply ACT once every 4 weeks or thereabouts, which is 5 treatments from May to September.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi what is ACT? I'm a newbie grower.

14. Nice grow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh yeah no prob, it is "aerated compost tea." Just like what the guy in that video was making.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Latest pic one of the Ladys. I gave them some brewer's yeast and black strap molasses yesterday.
    I'm going to mix in some Diatomaceous Earth as a Silca additive today. Steady as we grow ...
    20210624_084703.jpg

17. I just treated my Ladys to a food grade Diatomaceous Earth powdering. D.E. is used for killing mites, bugs, etc. And is a great source for soil conditioning. Silica that comes from D.E. is key in what I have read so far. So basically your killing 2 birds with one stone.

20210624_110510.jpg

18. We just had a nice summer sun shower. The Lady's were stimulated a little I think.

20210626_152305.jpg