Newbie grower from Middle East

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jasem, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Hey y'all
    It all started about 1 month and half ago, when I took some seeds within the buds that I had bought and put the in paper towel and they germinated!. I have a little experience with gardening, and was already thinking about a 'side-business' if you will, since my profession(being a musician) doesn't really pay off here in the Middle East due to enormous amount o restrictions and permission taking processes that you have to go through(even for teaching it, publishing is much much harder).

so they are a month old now, I hope they stay alive and they turn out to be females. biggest issue as of now would be ventilation!

I don't know what more do people say about themselves in this introductory posts.

peace and love to all of you my dear brothers and sisters. :Love-Plant::smoking-hookah:

2. post pics is the best response lol

3. how do ppl take picture with the purple grow lights present? There is no other light source in my growroom other than my grow light (I put black papers on the windows to prevent the light from being seen outside). like I try to take pictures but its all a vague purple color

• Like Like x 1
  4. Turn the purple light off

5. Right when lights go off be ready with camera,use flash boom bang, put her to bed[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

6. #6 jasem, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    IMG_20180920_024918.jpg IMG_20180921_011322.jpg IMG_20180921_011401.jpg IMG_20180921_011344.jpg IMG_20180921_010957.jpg IMG_20180921_011107.jpg
    ok.
    1-The AC is as you can see from Jurassic era. which for now is doing some sort of ventilation, I guess:confusedalt:.
    2-my humble grow room(old bedroom) with loads of stuff that I havent gotten rid of.
    you can see I put black papers on windows.
    plants are currently under a 150watts led wallwasher. new led panels are supposed to arrive in any days.
    3- inside the grow room, towards living room, where u can see the AC.
    4- The plants, lower leaves are dead due to very late changing of pot and lack of nutes I guess.
    5 & 6- plants ( I have a young morning glory vine in the back)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome so awesome, plants look good too. Ok if you can make sure and provide them with air movement, and ventilation. Complete darkness at lights out, I think you’ve got this. You’ve grown something before.

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  8. And lower your light to 12”, keep watch over it , raise as plants grow, always about 12”[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

9. That's the thing brother.It's been hurting my brain for days now. The ventilation. The only inputs for this room is either the door towards living room(where the AC is), or the window which I have covered.

Problem with using the window and putting fans there is that my neighbors in the back are super nosy(religious types who call the police if they see anything remotely non-conservative), I also can not afford a carbon filter.

One other issue with the fans is that it's unbelievably humid here, I live near the sea and it gets close to 80% humidity outdoors sometimes. the only option with some dehumidifying function is the AC. (hence my questions on using fungicides)

-I was thinking of putting two standing fans in my grow room in order to blow the air from within the growroom towards the living room and the AC, and put the AC on exhaust. so there would be circulations within these two rooms. I think then I just have to contain the smell within the house.

- There is a useless chimney in the growroom if you look at the second and forth pic(I have put documents and a percussion in it) that goes straight to the roof. I was thinking of sticking a sucking fan there (I think they are called centrifuge types or something), I looked it up today, man they are as expensive as twice my monthly income.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes sir.:thumbsup:

11. btw does this 12 inch apply to LEDs or CFL? I thought It should be18 inches. Mine is LED

• Like Like x 1
  12. 18” is fine. YOU GOT THIS

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes yes yes, any and all fans is good,try to create a vortex, so air moves around the plants and keeps them gently dancing. Your plants don’t look. Overly bushy, so keep the air moving, try not to direct fan straight at the plant. You’ve got room.TOTAL DARKNESS at lights out and I think you’re fine

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. I dont mean to bug you with continuous questions, but regarding total darkness;

sometimes I turn on the lights in the kitchen, In a way that is visible from the living room(where the AC is). but the grow room is still completely dark, if I stand in growroom and look in I cant absolutely see anything, but if I look out towards the living room I can see some reflections of kitchen light on the walls of the Living room near the AC. is that acceptable?
    Also, is this rule for flowering stage only or does this apply to veg state as well?
    I uploaded the picture of what is visible from the living room when the kitchen light is on.

Attached Files: