Newbie grower - are these male or female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pothead_joe, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Hello,

When can I determine wether this plant is male or female? I've had it grown for 3rd week now.

Attached Files:

2. Is she auto fem reg? What lighting she on like 18/6 12/12 usually you see sex a couple weeks after youve flipped to 12/12 unless you've got a auto which uts automatic

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. at three weeks the plant is to young to show any preflowers yet ,,,check again after at least 6-8 weeks veg time you may see pre-flowers starting then this is what you are looking for little white hairs(pistills)first picture ,,not little pollen balls 2nd picture,,mac female-preflowers-cannabis-sm.jpg male-pre-flower-tiny-closeup.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. As my signature suggests I am a new grower. This is my very first try.

The plant on picture is a mystery seed I found from a G I bought from a friend. I'm using a tri-phosphor light bulb 150w 5500K and two smaller 20w 2700k on the sides. They grow quick and look really healthy. Currently giving the plant some good light 24 hours a day.

Should I switch to 18/6?

• Like Like x 3
  5. And to add, while not definitive, Male plants will not have crossed Stamen..
    female-preflowers-cannabis-sm.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Looks like mine will cross? Or is it too early to tell?

upload_2018-3-3_11-59-1.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. hi there ,,,,have you tried having a look see around the GC site it give you pointers on lights .soil,etc ,,if you cant find it here try www.growweedeasy.com both here GC and that site have some good info for mew growers ,,,mac..

• Like Like x 3
  8. Too early..patience grasshopper..the fun is yet to begin..LOL
    growing.gif [/QUOTE]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. i think it is really best is to wait till 6-8 weeks and look for the pre-flowers then you will be able to tell more ..mac.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Alright, thanks for the help. I'm actually really-really excited to be doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You could switch the lights to 18/6 or 20/4 I think it’s good to have a dark period for photos. It won’t do no harm to your plant. What soil are you growing in?
    Good Luck on a Girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mac and Robbie are steering u right! Thirst for knowledge is when u know u want to do this! You tube Lex blaze Jorge Cervantes and Chester Copperpot are my favs! Of course the boys and girls on here will help!! Study will pay off! Also in time it will become a passion

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. and dont forget the oldie but goodie Ed Rosenthall with out reading his very first grow book i would never have thought of growing under lights,,,mac..

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mate your doing well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. I honestly could not tell anymore, I bought some standard potting soil and used that. Been monitoring my pH levels though.

Thanks, kind motivating words are always good to hear.

If someone's interested then I posted a picture of my growbox. Been working on building this the past week.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not to be rude..but there really is no such thing as "standard potting soil"..The questions were asked to assist you in your grow.:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm pretty sure I'll be visiting the same store tomorrow, I'll make a picture of it.

18. G
    Good..be sure to take a picture of the Label with contents too..
    "standard potting soil is usually a cover for whatever is handy to dump in it..Again..just my 2cents.

• Like Like x 3
  19. #19 Robbie714, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    In not Miracle Grow is it? Because it has time released nutes is it. Did you get it from Home Depot or Lowe’s? If you have the bag just look at the name if you can.

Btw: your lights are pretty high from the tops of the plants. Cfls don’t get the best light penetration that’s likely why they stretched. the one on the right can be moved 3-4 inches from the plant as it’s really not doing anything except heating up your Grow space. What’s The distance of the top light from the top your plants? The plants look pretty Good! But you would do better if the lights were closer IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Everything else Looks fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1