Newbie first home grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sivada1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Hey all, after getting my medical card and realizing I was spending a house payment on weed every month I decided to start my own grow. Where I live I can legally have 12 seedlings and 12 mature plants. At the moment I have just been getting my supplies, tent, light, nutes, soil, seeds, etc., all set up. During this phase I purchased a Sour Diesel clone from my local dispensary just for a little test.

My setup as it stand is as follows:
    Vivo sun 96x80x48 tent
    Vivo sun 600 watt light
    Vivo sun 300 watt led light
    Vivo sun 6” inline fan
    Vivo sun carbon filter

The SD clone I purchased was in an unknown soil. After having her a few weeks and getting everything set up I have that clone transplanted into a vivosun 5 gallon smart pot, in Sun Grow Black Gold Natural and Organic potting soul plus fertilizer, my nutes should be here Tuesday I ordered Fox Farm nutes.

I mainly just wanted to show my setup and ask for constructive criticism. I don’t know shit about nutes, PH, fertilizer, etc and every YouTube video I watch recommends different shit and different ph and different nutes and I just need to get some solid assistance.

I have a bunch of seeds on order and they should be here this week. I want to make sure I’m doing everything right for my first grow.

Let me know what you all thing and what questions you have thanks. IMG_0217.JPG 59250919860__828F9F6D-8CC5-4428-9C13-27BF454A31DF.JPG 59285926416__51BA7BBD-649E-4453-8F42-1C81EB8DF36F.JPG 59310713447__3D74F251-ACA4-4EAF-8174-609650A2F36A.JPG 59310714541__1BE325C3-FBB3-4771-89E0-BDF9F0D18AA1.JPG 59320629354__E14663B5-FB6A-422A-8CFC-B31623509EAF.JPG 59320631372__24EEB38F-1C51-403F-BACA-EDA757C658F3.JPG 59320862542__A85647F7-13B8-41DB-B595-7F7A7A914192.JPG 59327741330__AEFA5527-F9E3-4972-9E1B-A40F3A594844.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. That stuff there is cheap, good and will last you a couple years at least.
    I use it in Hydro.
    Carbon Filter goes inside the tent. I have mine mounted at the top of the tent to remove heat and smell.
    You don't need the blurple light as a 600 is way over kill for 1 plant. 600 would cover almost a 5x5 in flowering mode.

Attached Files:

3. U need to go to ebay and get a couple cheap PH meters, like 11 bucks each with calibrating powder.
    Also get a PPM meter, about the same price.
    I attached a PH chart for you, follow it. Looks like ur clone is a bit yellow looking now.
    Measure the PH by catching the run off of water and PPM's too.
    Adjust your PH with the food and water, if it's low, you may have to feed a PH of like 7.2 to get to the target number of 6.5. Same if it's high, feed with a low PH.
    Keep the PPM's around what the feeding chart I attached.

Attached Files:

4. If I could make just one suggestion and only one. It would be to go to the organic growing section here and look into the no till soil recipe. No ph or ppm meters needed. Water only soil. Good luck with your grow. We all started somewhere.

5. What about watering? How often and how much? I’m deathly afraid to overwater, but my soil constantly looks dry. I find myself misting the plant like 5 times a day.

Also, light schedule. Currently that one sour diesel clone I have is on a 20 hour a day like schedule, is that good?

What about heat and humidity? While the light is on am struggling to keep it less than 80 degrees in there. When light turns off for the 4 hours it’s gets to 69 in the tent. Humidity is about 35% constant. Do I need more than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ill tell you what, your giving it one hell of an effort....

7. Don’t get into the habit of a feeding schedule with soil it’s more of a look and tell kind of deal or you can go out and spend a extra 10 on a soil moisture meter which will help you out a ton. Just put it out a few inches off the edge of the pot and as deep as it can go and only water when it hits the dry spot on the meter. My girls have never had a under water or over watering issue and I started them in 10 Gal fabric pots but I’ve always used the moisture meter.

Light schedule is good so far, cannabis is a plant that doesn’t need sleep other then if it’s a clone but I myself feel like the best photo periodic growth was when they slept and I kept mine on a 18/6 schedule.

If your having issues with heat add a few extra fans for air flow and place the exhaust fans intake at the top of the tent and add a cool mist humidifier, your plants will love you even more with around 60% humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Your leafs will tell you when to water. Excessive watering can lead to other issues. A great watering system for any soil grow is the Blumat watering system. Once dialed in you just keep your reservoir filled. Your plants health will improve greatly. If your only running 10 gallon pots you could just use the lift method. After a while, you'll know what a dry pot feels like. In one of your pictures your leaf veining looks very pronounced and the leafs are drooping, this is usually a sign of an overwatered plant. The surface of your soil will dry out a bit. What is it like 1-1/2 - 2" down? Lighting schedule is a subject you'll get varied answers about. Over about 13-1/2 hours and your plant will stay in veg. You can run them 24 hour on in veg. But, may not realize a huge difference from 20 hours on. Good luck.