NEwbie closet grower needs help!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by haze42O, May 1, 2007.

1. sup guys. So basically im a noob at growing looking to grow first time with some swag bag seeds. PLanning on growing in a closet which is 22.5 inches in depth, 36 in. wide, and 75 in length. Any ideas on how to attack this would be very helpful and any advice
    pleasee!!!!

2. get an envirolite or 2, blue and red spectrum, get some pc fans for intake and exhaust, or if you got money to blow an inline fan wit carbon scrubber, you could try growing a couple outside, if your in the uk the summers shapin up to be amazin so cud be a bumper year:)

3. blue and red? wtf? uhh no

just get some CFLs or fluoros you need 50w per plant for veg and 100w per plant during flowering using fluoros

you dont need near that much using hps because hps has more ight pen. then fluorescent

4. how many plants do u think ill be able to grow in that amount of space.....also how should i go about with ventilation......(pics coming)

5. swag seeds ewwww. why grow with such a thing

question: my friend grew from a swag seed and the bud turned out looking better than beasters..i was curious as of why? and if the thc content would be lower than beasters

6. well its my first grow and i didnt wanna take any big chances on expensive seeds...ne thoughts on ventilatioon?

7. head4life what you on about mate, red and blue refers to the color of the light spectrum, blue for veg red for flowering, an envirolite IS a CFL mate. and er, its 100watts per plant no matter if your in veg or flower, and yes you still need 100watts if its a hps. and haze420, id say your probly only gona be able to grow 2 or 3 plants max in a space that size, anymore and youll be cutting your yield.

8. yeah im sorry I was thinking about colored light bulbs im on lots of meds for my broken foot and I was a weee bit fucked up las night sorry!

georgeb thats because schwag starts out as good weed its jsut its brought over in gastanks and that ruins the weed making it schwag if you grow it right it will be good bud

9. hps has more light penetration and you dont need as many watts to grow as with fluoros if hps didnt have more light penetration people would always use fluoros!

lots of people have 4 plants using a 150w hps

10. HPS creates a sometimes unmanagable amount of heat when growing in confined spaces. For this reason CFL's are better for smaller/cabinet grows. IF the area is 75" high (noted as length) then an HPS grow is very plausible, if he can properly vent the area.

You'll want an intake and an exhaust hole (preferably with a small pc fan or something to push the air in and out), something for odor (if stealth is key), a fan to blow on the baby's lightly, and your lights.

3 to 4 plants sounds very reasonable as noted earlier in this thread. With so much height you should get a decent yield assuming you get some females in there.

IF and ONLY IF you decide to go with CFL's, consider making a shelf in that cabinet or grow area to cut you're vertical height in half. This way you can use the top area for cloning/veggin and the bottom for flowering...maybe get yourself into a perpetual grow type scenario. You'll also wanna read into LST'ing for this suggestion.

Best bet, READ READ READ, the stickies in the the beginners and indoor forums. Check out some set ups in the Journal and Advanced Growing Techniques forums and then extract and apply the info as it pertains to your growing conditions and expectations.

Good Luck.

11. cool thanks for all da info guys...im still at lost with ventilation...well if i had some pics it would be so much easier to explain...

12. All ventilation means is that your grow area will have a hole where fresh air can come in (at the bottom of the grow area) and another hole where heat and used air can escape (usually at the top).

Letting the air escape allows for better heat control. Allowing air to come in, will promise fresh CO2 and cool air for your plant. Temperatures are vital, you typically want 70-80 degrees farenheit with about 50-60% humidity from veggin and into flowering, at the end of flowering you want to bring the humidity all the way down to help decrease drying times.

13. all right guys i finally got some pics of my grow space...lemme kno wat u think ...also where would a good place be to conduct ventilation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. put plastic on the floor to protect that carpet!

15. What's on the floor above the closet? If theres an attict there, you can pop a hole into your ceiling, and vent the air into there... Get a large Rubber-Maid Storage bin, or something similar, to put on the floor, to catch spilt water. A few flourecent lights would be good in there, either compact ones, or the normal tubes.

16. then why does it have seeds embedded all throughout the buds.....i believe the gastank thing and how mexicans piss on it and shit lol, but im sayin im still lost on the subject

17. seeds don't just happen in bad bud. All types of weed will have seeds if the males arent removed. Seeds wont take place if the female is never pollinated. Instead you get those seed pods whichc are the white parts when you put some bud in a grinder.

18. Dude, u've got a good grow space. I definately agree with previous suggesstions about the carpet and stuff.

Line the walls with mylar and put long fluros along all three walls and supplement with cfls. That will reduce the heat.

I would recommend putting the vents in the door. It doesnt involve heavy construction, which would be a problem if ur renting. Its cheaper to replace a closet door than repair a botched job.