Newbie - 3rd plant, 1st hydro. You guys rock!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Hamite, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

First I want to say thanks to all the guys on this board that post and reply - especially those sticky threads. I'm pretty much a klutz, but between my friend John and you, I got the confidence I needed to try growing. First in soil and then hydro. And even more importantly... I got my wife to buy into it! So far, I'm stunned at what I've managed to grow by listening to you guys!

Right now she's just finished her second week of flowering (7 weeks since germination) and is over 3' high. I'm pretty sure that I should be pruning off leaves or something, especially since she's gong through 2+ gal of water a day - so I could use some advice as to what to do next.

BTW - my setup: 5 gal bucket, Micropore diffuser (flexible tubing just clogged), Botanicare Grow/Bloom/Karma (per pkg dilution, but only add 1 gal every other day or so), 1000W HPS w/Galaxy digital ballast.

Thanks again!
    Hamite

Attached Files:

2. Yep, looks like and sounds like you have it dialed in..
    As the plant matures and really starts filling up them stems with flowers, it will start getting more and more yellowing lower older leaves.. I usually only trim the dead or almost dead leaves every couple weeks..

:smoke:

3. Thanks Jakester - I only have a few yellow leaves right now, and they seem to be from the fan slipstream (I redirected the fan a little so hopefully it won't be so harsh). I'm kinda worried the buds seem small, but they'll grow, right? I can't remember what the ones looked like on my soil/potted plants.

BTW - she's a "Big Band", one of the free seeds from my Attitude order.