Newbie 1st scrog Need some opinions please

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by psp1313, Apr 16, 2021.

1. These two girls (Super Critical Bud CBD (Garden Of Green Seeds) ) that is supposed to have average of 18% thc and cbd got flipped to 12/12 9 days ago.
    1. I was wondering if I should still be tucking or not and when I should do the last defoliation? I’ve attached photos of what it looks like.
    2. I have them on Genera Hydroponics Flora series ratio is early flower nutes 2/2/2. PPM was at 1100 when I changed the water now they have drank waster but PPM when up to 1300. Is there something I need to do? Should I switch to full flower nutes?
    Any help would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Beautiful looking plants my friend!!

Looks like they are gettin pretty bushy there forsure, yes tuck leaves any time you see it blocking a bud site, personally i like to do some leaf stripping nothing too major but just enough to allow more air flow and light to get to lower bud sites, I leaf strip at the end of 1st week then again at end of 3rd week

3. Thank you. I was nervous because this is my first grow and I jumped right into hydro and scrog. I have been removing a lot of fan leaves. I will definitely remove some more now and at third week. Thank you. Not sure if I should strip everything under the net yet or not. I stripped most of it earlier before the flip and left what i thought would make it to the net. Did you have an opinion on the nutes issue/question I had?

4. Don't be scared strip those things down... then in 2 weeks a light defoliation to allow more light to bud sites and smooth sailing from there.. :) all personal preference but I am always more disappointed when I leave too much on rather than take more off.

5. I agree. I usually do it all at once. I take a bunch of leaves on 12/12, then on day 21 of 12/12 I take every fan leaf. This is only beneficial if your plants are 100% healthy. It will only hurt them otherwise. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. That looks scary. You cut almost every fan leaf. I am so confused. There is so much controversy about defoliation when I researched. My issue with this is they are my first grow so I am not even sure if they are 100% healthy being I have nothing to compare it to yet. These are some pics of this morning. Just started showing some hairs at a few sites. Do they look healthy enough to strip them like you did in day 21??? I have noticed they are using more water than nutes. And I’ve read to switch to bloom nutes on the 2nd week of 12/12. Is that correct???

Attached Files:

7. I'm on my third crop using lollipopping.

My first run I took off enough for air movement, but left a decent amount. Harvest was mostly colas, and not too much popcorn buds.

Second run I left more on the plant. Overall harvest was less and way too many popcorn buds.

This round I took a lot off. I was nervous, but the plants bounced back in 2 days.

Just before lollipopping,
    CWM 4 23 2021.JPG

Lollipopped and tucked under the screen,
    CWM 4 24 2021.JPG

The following week,
    CWM 5 1 2021.JPG

• Like Like x 2