Newbee counting down to grow...help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by moebe2hi, Apr 3, 2009.

1. :rolleyes: am getting ready for my first grow,, I have a grow tent.2*4*7
    400whps and bal......... I am starting with Barney Fram-Red Diesel (2). Whitelable- Masterkush(2) and G-13-Thai Super Skunk(2).....5 Broke ground...One RD nuthin..... Am going with soil...Fox fraM OCEAN mIX........:confused:.My question...how far 400whps should be from plant.?... do i need to air cool the light. Any help would be great... Thanks:smoking:

2. you may need to have some way to exhaust heat as HPS bulbs do get hot. Is the Ballast in the tent? i have a 400 w HPS and i keep it about 24-36 inches from the top of the plants. maybe further away for smaller plants.

3. Hey BudBaron, srry am just getting back... well the ball is out of the tent.....I moved the light 30inch away from plants ....your right outtake fan makes it run so smooth.....74-78 temp...humid....40-50%...thanks again.

4. Question for ya>....Am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. Guy at store said no need for nutes for the first 3 wks, soil has all the goodies...but in 3rd wk I transf into biggr pot adding more soil......can i add nutes or should i wait for a few more wks. because added more soil....:confused: confuse...dont want to add and stress the ladies....but 4plants about to hit 30day no nutes what to do Help ..

Nutes..Flora Nova..grow.veg7-4-10 Flora Nova bloom 4-8-7 ....thanks for your time