newb with yellowing/ burning plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smokykitty, Oct 10, 2011.

1. First grow, under 2 100w 6500k cfls for now, hopefully another 2 in the near future. They are planted in a compost mix that also seemed to have manure in it, just some random dark compost dirt.. FFoF is on its way so they'll be transplanted in about a week, but I am very worried about the yellowing/ burning. They are about 2 weeks out of seed and I've noticed the yellowing for almost a week now. Please help!! And if it is a nutes issue, should transplanting to the FFoF fix the problem? I'm trying to upload pics from my phone but it isn't working

2. seedlings dont like alot of nutes at all, so i believe what you may be seeing is your plant's reaction to very rich soil. growth will be alot slower than expected, so you may want to transplant in another 2-3 weeks, instead of 1 week. your baby is already stressed, and transplanting will just stress it out even more.

FFOF is good soil, but you may want to consider adding in a little bit extra perlite + sphagnum peat to give your plant an easier transplant, since it's medium is already packed full of nutrents. than, hopefully (as long as pH of your water + soil is right), you should see an explosion in healthy growth.

3. Oh wow I'm sorry I didn't realize I started 2 threads... so should I flush them at all? I will def take your advice and add some perlite with the FFoF. But the good soil and balanced water should fix up my ladies? (fingers crossed) I also plan to get a few gallons of deer park next trip to the market, and order the ph up/down kit ASAP.. I hope this pic goes through, I uploaded 6 to the gallery and would love to get your opinion on them.

- Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

4. no worries about making two threads shit happens.

WTF dude WHY do you have a picture of that old saggy black lady rubbin herself??? SICK!!

anyways, lol, i didnt know your plants were that far along; i thought you were talking about seedlings or clones. it looks as if you have a little bit of root rot going on. use 3mL/gal of 29% strength H202 (hydrogen peroxide). H202 purchased from grow stores is usually 29% strength. use 20mL/gal of grocery store purchased H202, which is 3% strength. do this twice in your regular watering cycle: water with H202, water without H202, water with H202. make sure your check your pH after adding H202, because hydrogen peroxide is slightly acidic. you should be cured of your problems after the applications.

in the future, you can use enzymes (sensizyme, prozyme, hygrozyme) to combat root rot. enzymes break down dead root matter, which fungi mostly feed off. this can also be prevented by adding perlite to your soil. poorly aerated soil promotes root rot.

Good Luck!

5. Haha I saw that pic when I was uploading mine but that's not anything I uploaded! Haha eww... but ok glad I took a pic of the roots! I hope they look ok otherwise, I topped the healthiest one this morning. They have been growing like crazy though for only 2-3 weeks old! Is the root rot causing the discoloration? And should I still transplant in 3 weeks? Thanks so much for your replies!

6. yep root rot can mask itself as a deficiency look alike, and/or transplant shock similarities. if you use the H202 and stuff and knock out that fungi, you will be ok to transplant in 3 weeks.