Newb with Dying Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by absoluteLIBERTY, Nov 7, 2010.

1. I think I had my 250w MH lamp to close to my plants. They are only 3-4 weeks old. I grew them to seedlings outside then switched inside under the MH lamp. They were doing great then started to get brown on the tips and droop a bit. I thought it was over fert. or over watering but I flushed them and even ended up transplanting them into brand new soil (very carefully). They kinda perked up but then get even worse and dry. I then took a temp. reading and realized that my lamp was rather close about 8-10 inches from the plants maybe a bit closer and the temp was about 95 when I checked. So I raised the lamp about to about 12-13 inches from them and cooled it down to about 76. One plant has almost completely wilted up but still has some little soft green sprouts on the top so I am hopefully it will survive. and the other is still very dry and some leaves very dry and brown but has more soft green sprouts so I have good hopes for that one. Should I have hope for these or do you think they are lost. Its my first time and just wanted to do it for fun. I enjoy plants and horticultural learning. Just let me know if you think they can still live or should I just trash it and try to find new seeds to start again.

2. As long as there is green, there is still hope.

A picture would help us make a final determination.

Based on your description, you may want to think about starting another batch.

Good luck.